Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Attorney 5 (3DS digital), Ace Attorney 1+2+3 HD (iOS) Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't click the link...
    I didn't even see it until now!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Well, it's less ugly than the Wii versions.
    Really?....REALLY?!?!

That's some awful awful AWFUL upscaling/redrawing/whatever the hell that mess is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Have you seen the Wii versions?

4. Whatever, I'd still fuck that underage helper chick.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I'll buy this if it comes out for Android.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Have you seen the Wii versions?
    I'll take blown up pixelated messes that are at least extrapolations of the original over this nasty attempt to redraw and reinterpret any day.

7. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I don't really like the way they recreated the sprites but at least I still have the DS versions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I'll take blown up pixelated messes that are at least extrapolations of the original over this nasty attempt to redraw and reinterpret any day.
    Nope, it's not a bad redraw. I've got the artbook with a bunch of the source material; That's exactly what the source art looks like. AA1's original portrait art was really kinda dogshit. Shrinking it down and pixelating it did it a big favor.

I'm fairly sure the art for AA4/AA1's added DS case was done by a totally different artist, in fact. The leap in quality between the artwork for those and the artwork for the original three is pretty huge, though there was a clear improvement from installment to installment on AA1 to AA3.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 30 Jan 2012 at 07:09 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Nope, it's not a bad redraw. I've got the artbook with a bunch of the source material; That's exactly what the source art looks like. AA1's original portrait art was really kinda dogshit. Shrinking it down and pixelating it did it a big favor.
    Yeah, I've seen the source image since posting that and tt's very close to the HD stuff. And yeah, it looks a thousand times better on GBA/DS. I suppose they could have drawn the original portraits with a shitty, low-res screen in mind.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post

I'm fairly sure the art for AA4/AA1's added DS case was done by a totally different artist, in fact. The leap in quality between the artwork for those and the artwork for the original three is pretty huge, though there was a clear improvement from installment to installment on AA1 to AA3.
    Learning something new every day!

La la la la I can't hear you la la la la