Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to Get A Podcast Microphone

1. All right then, it's excellent for a podcast. You have to factor in cost, reliability, ease-of-use, etc.

I wish you would capitalize all your sentences and use spaces between the dots when you type out an ellipsis, but if someone asked me whether you knew how to write, I'd say, "Yes, he does." It's not perfect, but it's highly recommended for the purposes of a podcast edited by a newb using freeware.
    Last edited by Nick; 01 Feb 2012 at 02:21 PM.

2. Some of the people sound like absolute shit on the podcast. I don't know if it has much to do with the mic quality though, sounds like sleeve's level was boosted like 300% in Audacity.

Yeah, the difference in audio quality of the different participants is pretty awful. For a zero budget podcast though it isn't bad.

4. At least they don't sound stupid drunk. That market's saturated already.

5. I have the Blue Yeti.

I record stuff with it.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. I think this is mine. It's most likely the mic quality for me.

One of these years I would like Josh to stop having other things to do with his life and properly mix the podcast instead.

7. That one looks pretty good. How's the sound quality?

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I think this is mine. It's most likely the mic quality for me.

One of these years I would like Josh to stop having other things to do with his life and properly mix the podcast instead.
    Yeah, but then he'd have to listen to the entire podcast

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    You and me both, sister.

10. Would all these suggestions also work for livestreaming? I sometimes do work that way, but only the webcam mic and desktop broadcast (and since the webcam doesn't like this version of windows, it's been silent time theater).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.