Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D HDTV Recommendations

1. 3D HDTV Recommendations

Anyone buy one of these or have recommendations? I'm happy with a 46" Samsung in my bedroom, but looking to upgrade my four year old Panasonic 50" Plasma 720P in my living room. Preferably, 55-58".

2. Personally I wouldn't spend a dime until it's standardized. In 2 years we've gone from glasses with batteries to new Vizio's without. Soon we won't need glasses.

3. Everything I've read indicates that "glassless" 3D TV's are nowhere near to being ready and you have to sit at precise viewing angles to see it. 3D isn't really that important, but if I'm spending $2000+ on a TV, it might as well have the 3D feature.

4. I just got the 50" Panasonic plasma from last year (TC-P50GT25) and I've been pleased with it so far. Of course the price jumped up about $500 on amazon since when I bought it a little over a week ago. It's pretty amazing with non-3d hd content and the 3d is pretty decent, although I don't think any home 3d is all that great yet. It really depends on what the source is because Wipeout HD looks amazing while The Show 11 isn't all that impressive at all.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. I ended up getting this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041FV0B8/...SIN=B0041FV0B8 for $1999.00 and it included 2 pairs of 3D glasses, HDMI cable, Alice in Wonderland 3D (Depp), & the sensor for the TV (and PS3).

6. It's crazy how (relatively) cheap awesome TVs have gotten. That one seems great.

7. I'm not completely sure but I don't think 3D TV's do anything that other TV's don't except cost more. The 3D imaging comes from the disc, not the TV and my non-3D TV is quite capable of displaying 3D movies.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I'm not completely sure but I don't think 3D TV's do anything that other TV's don't except cost more. The 3D imaging comes from the disc, not the TV and my non-3D TV is quite capable of displaying 3D movies.
    Untrue. Go out an buy a 3D Blu Ray player and plug it into your non-3D TV and see what happens.

I'm not going to say that it's worth it to spend the extra loot to buy a 3D TV, however, the 3D is definitely better than anything I've personally seen in the theater and there is 3D content available, albeit limited, on satellite (Direct TV) TV.

The mandated HDMI 1.4, however, is a pain the ass if you're routing through an older receiver as it simply won't work.

9. It sounds like a consumer scam between TV makers and other parties. I don't think there's any reason a TV with high resolution couldn't display a 3D image at quality, no matter the detail. I've heard the 3D TV's send signals to adjust the glasses though, I guess that's novel.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I've heard the 3D TV's send signals to adjust the glasses though, I guess that's novel.
    If the glasses don't know which shutter to close when, there is no 3D, so it's more than novel.

Also, the refresh rate is more important than the resolution to 3D. You can do solid 3D in 720p but not really at 60 Hz.