Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. I've got the full run of the Order of the Stick books, and they're great fun. I also threw the Kickstarter a couple bucks for one of the rewards packages. Totally worth it.

James

2. So I think it's safe to say this isn't going to come out in 2012 anymore. This has become a Real Game.

Ohhhhh shit!

They still have $15 coming from me, so add that to the total.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So I think it's safe to say this isn't going to come out in 2012 anymore. This has become a Real Game.
    Funny that. I could have swore that someone sayed that earlier in the thread and had to deal with asshole naysayers. I can't remember who that was for the life of me.

6. Bumped my donation up to $30. The documentary on this is now something I'm really looking forward to.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Funny that. I could have swore that someone sayed that earlier in the thread and had to deal with asshole naysayers. I can't remember who that was for the life of me.
    Where did you say it wasn't going to come out in 2012 exactly?

Or are you assuming that when I said "real game" I meant it was fair to compare it to retail games and not just previous Double Fine downloadable games?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Where did you say it wasn't going to come out in 2012 exactly?

Or are you assuming that when I said "real game" I meant it was fair to compare it to retail games and not just previous Double Fine downloadable games?
    My original point was that 15$ was a bargain for the game. You and Firstpoop got caught up in me comparing it to a 60$ retail game as an illustration of cost savings.

Its going to have at least a 2mill budget. Maybe even 3 mill. 15$ is a good price for that. Maybe even a bargain assuming they will work extra hard on this with the attention that has been put on them for raising so much money so quick. There is going to be a lot or pressure to make the best game they can for 2 or 3 mill. And anyone can buy into that for at least 15

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    My original point was that 15$ was a bargain for the game. You and Firstpoop got caught up in me comparing it to a 60$ retail game as an illustration of cost savings.
    Well their other $15 games also cost $2-3 million. You could argue that's a bargain, but it's in line with what we've come to expect, at least.

Actually, to be fair, I guess you're right about it being a bargain if you compare it to all the other adventure games out there with similar or smaller budgets that come out for like $30. Brutal Legend and full priced retail games aren't going to make your point, but there are plenty of adventure games that might. Telltale games probably have like $2-3 million budgets and those cost $35.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 14 Feb 2012 at 06:47 PM.

I'll concede on the brutal legend comment. That was a poor choice on my part. I should have chosen something a little closer in that price range and gameplay.