Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. I don't think it's screwing someone out of money to pay them for their work and costs at a fixed rate. But I guess I'm oversimplifying it. 2PP did come up with the whole idea and they launched the project as partners, so...

I think 2PP deserves that extra money. Besides, now that Kickstarter has become A Thing, it's going to be doubly fascinating to see the development of the first game to really hit the big time on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't think it's screwing someone out of money to pay them for their work and costs at a fixed rate. But I guess I'm oversimplifying it. 2PP did come up with the whole idea and they launched the project as partners, so...
    You're also making the huge assumption that costs is linear. It might not be.

4. I'm sure this meant some big upgrades to their equipment which can add up very quickly.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You're also making the huge assumption that costs is linear. It might not be.
    I'm not making any assumption other than their cost is not determined by a percentage of Double Fine's budget, which is true.

6. So Double Fine officially "announced" this game to the public, with a title and synopsis and a piece of art (which is now my wallpaper).

Still no word on the new release date, but I'd imagine funding will prevent the delay from being too long.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 24 Mar 2013 at 03:32 PM.

7. Also, for any non-backers, they've released some condensed documentary episodes that show some of the stuff the the doc so far:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6...enture--part-1
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/p...enture--part-2

8. Shitty title, but the game will probably still be good.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Like most shitty titles I'm sure I'll think nothing of it in time. We all play Mega Man, no?

10. I haven't played a Mega Man game for 20 years, though not really because of the title. At least it tells you what the game is. It's about a man who is mega. What does Broken Age tell me? Something is broken... age? How can age be broken?
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2