Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Fools.
    That's a great point. Revoking pledge.

2. I really like the whole "using Kickstarter as a means to fund a finished product that you get a copy of for donating" thing.

3. $100,000 in less than two hours.

Gabe Newell was talking about community-funded projects a while back. His idea was very similar to this Kickstarter thing except that investors in successful projects would actually get a cut of the profits.

edit: http://kotaku.com/5318368/valve-let-...es-development

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    $100,000 in less than two hours.
    Holy shit, it was half that like 20 minutes ago. This thing is going to raise a million dollars.

Android version plz?
    Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Gabe Newell was talking about community-funded projects a while back. His idea was very similar to this Kickstarter thing except that investors in successful projects would actually get a cut of the profits.
    Alex Cox was talking about the same thing for funding his movies. I really like this idea, honestly.

5. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I really like the whole "using Kickstarter as a means to fund a finished product that you get a copy of for donating" thing.
    I really support this and put down $100 for Cognition earlier but wish they would do a limited physical copy that lesser projects have offered.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

6. I put in $100, though instead of a poster what I'd really like is a nice color game manual.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I really like the whole "using Kickstarter as a means to fund a finished product that you get a copy of for donating" thing.
    Yeah, it's pretty awesomely win/win for everyone involved.

8. I paid full price for Brutal Legend, so I figure I already donated.

9. Annnnnnnd someone pledged 10k.

10. I saw a dude is making a Tecmo Super Bowl MMO using this same Kickstarter site:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ridiron-heroes

Anyone who pledges $15 or more gets in the Beta in April.

Interesting concept for funding game development.

Last edited by jyoung; 09 Feb 2012 at 12:17 AM.