Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. Fuck off, this thread is about good games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. $200,000 in 3 hours ~40 minutes. I love Internet.

3. $200,000 plus my $15. Yeah, I want in on this ride.

James

4. Jesus... I put down 15 bucks....
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Yes, I will absolutely give you $15 for this.

Quarter million in around 6 hours.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. Fuck yes. I love this.

edit: Funded. That has to be a record.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

7. Lots of smaller developers use kickstarter in order to fund their projects. I'm surprised that no one here thought that was already A Thing until Shafer started this.

In all honesty, I'm excited for another adventure game by him. The genre where gameplay doesn't matter and writing and characterizations are star? THAT is where Shafer should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. $500,000 in 10 hours, this is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Lots of smaller developers use kickstarter in order to fund their projects. I'm surprised that no one here thought that was already A Thing until Shafer started this.
    That's because this is the first time a major videogame studio has used it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Lots of smaller developers use kickstarter in order to fund their projects. I'm surprised that no one here thought that was already A Thing until Shafer started this.
    It's always a big deal when an established name blows off the traditional publishing paradigm because they don't have to. Same reason it was a big deal that Louis CK did his last special as an independent download, or when Radiohead put out In Rainbows with a "pay what you want" model or whatever.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's always a big deal when an established name blows off the traditional publishing paradigm because they don't have to. Same reason it was a big deal that Louis CK did his last special as an independent download, or when Radiohead put out In Rainbows with a "pay what you want" model or whatever.
    I know that, but it actually leads me to the same conclusion. That there's nothing inherently legitimizing about the fact that a bigger name uses something that smaller creators have been leveraging well before then. Kickstarter existed well before Double Fine used it and it was always as viable then as it is now. Just like "pay what you want" or direct digital distro.

It's very exciting just the same, and I like the idea that they want to document the whole process and have backers be an involved part of the creation process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.