Page 1 of 38 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

So Tim Schafer is finally making another honest-to-god adventure game. Almost nothing is known about it except for the publisher: Us

More specifically: Kickstarter. ($30,000 already and the site went up less than an hour ago)

It's going to be a smallish point-and-click game with a projected minimum budget of $400,000 to be released in ~October. $15 gets you the full game and beta on Steam + lots of documentary footage of the game's development. There are all sorts of reward tiers over $15 so you should probably look!

They're also talking about an iOS version but it all depends on the funding.

There's a neat video on the site, BTW!
    Last edited by epmode; 08 Feb 2012 at 10:04 PM.

2. What's past 10K? They tell me to go to the other site but they don't say. Cool idea, though.

3. Pledge $15,000 or more:
    Dinner with Tim Schafer and key members of the dev team.

Pledge $20,000 or more:
    Dinner and BOWLING with Tim Schafer and key members of the dev team.

Pledge $30,000 or more:
    Picture of Ron Gilbert smiling.

Pledge $35,000 or more:
    Undoctored picture of Ron Gilbert smiling.

Pledge $50,000 or more:
    Become an actual character in the game.

Pledge $150,000 or more:
    Tim Schafer (that’s me) will give last four remaining Triangle Boxed Day of the Tentacles, in original shrink-wrap.” (Limit of 1) (Holy crap, what am I thinking? I only have four of those!)

And pledged. $15 for a new adventure game by Double Fine seems like a steal.

5. This is a great idea. Just donated $30.

Also, holy shit at someone already donating 5k!

6. I approve of both this endeavor and the means of going about it. $300,000 is an obscenely low development budget, but at least it's one they'll have no problem reaching. A new Tim Schafer/Ron Gilbert point and click is just too good of a thing not to get behind.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 08 Feb 2012 at 10:33 PM.

7. I think I'm going to go with $30 because a new Tim Schaefer adventure game is well worth that.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. No Mac version no sale.

Get a real computer.

10. Fools.