Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DiRT Rally

1. DiRT Rally

Apparently Codemasters has been secretly working on a new DiRT game and decided to announce it by releasing it through early access on Steam (currently has 17 cars and 36 tracks). Checked it out at a friend's house earlier and seems pretty great, so it's got a while to go but I'm enjoying this method of announcing development.

2. Finally a straight up rally game. No stupid Gymkana horseshit or taking 10 years to go into a race because of fancy special effects menus. Just you and the road. No piss filter too! Is that a first for Codemasters? I'll keep an eye on this but I'm reading very positive things about this.

3. This looks/sounds awesome. Long overdue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Finally a straight up rally game. No stupid Gymkana horseshit or taking 10 years to go into a race because of fancy special effects menus. Just you and the road. No piss filter too! Is that a first for Codemasters? I'll keep an eye on this but I'm reading very positive things about this.
    I can't rep you enough raystorm. My thoughts exactly! Looks like a continuation of the McRae series. Gonna read up and download.

5. No Ken Block = great game

no offense, Mr. Block

I'm going to buy the shit out of this game

6. I really wanted to get into the last Dirt game but as mentioned there was just too much bullshit to swim through.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

This looks fantastic. I liked Dirt 3 a lot because it was a return to form after Dirt 2, and this looks like even more of what I especially liked in that game.

I don't do Early Access, though, so I will buy it when it's done.

8. I agree on Early Access, but this has 36 tracks, 17 cars, career mode, looks great. This seems like a game they could box up now and it's feature list is totally respectable.

9. I'm thinking of breaking my rule

10. I'm thinking of buying a PC gaming rig. That's how badly I want to play a new dedicated rally game.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"