Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Double Fine has weeks left before the Kickstarter ends. They can either be happy with what they've got and see it top off a about $2 million-ish, or they can start communicating with that handy Update feature and maybe put a nice dent into the operating budget of another project. Their choice, but I'm thinking the second option would be the better call.

James
    I think they're going to stick to their commitment of funding just this game, which is wise, because 2 million dollars is actually still a pretty small budget, especially for a game that's going to draw comparisons to some of the greatest of all time. If there's a point at which what they have becomes "enough" to do everything they want, I'm sure that point is over 3 million at least.

I'd selfishly like to see it go higher, because I'll get a better game for my contribution at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Click for full size

Starting to fall off. Looks like it's time for Double Fine to set some new goals, make some new promises and get this thing started up again. Even still it should hit 2 million, but if they put some effort in they can probably do 2.5.
    There will probably be one last surge in the last two or three days. You know, people who waited to the last second and decide to buy it and not miss out. maybe
    Last edited by Fe 26; 15 Feb 2012 at 04:39 PM.

3. Fully voiced (in English at least)

Ports! Mac, Linux, iOS, some Droid stuff.

DRM-free release at launch

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	64583  
    Last edited by epmode; 15 Feb 2012 at 08:02 PM.

4. Ben There, Dan That taught me that I have trouble playing non-talkie adventure games now, even when they're awesome and well written, so full talkie is good (if expected) news.

Actually none of this is really surprising. Android port makes me happy, and probably ensures an eventual double-dip, since I love playing SCUMMVM on my phone.

5. Also, case in point, it just raised $15,000 this hour because they updated. If they just keep the updates coming, this thing will be huge.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Ben There, Dan That taught me that I have trouble playing non-talkie adventure games now, even when they're awesome and well written, so full talkie is good (if expected) news.
    I" M GOING TO GET ALL SERIOUS AND SHIT

Those games would only be half as awesome with voice acting. Realistically, an indie dev can almost never afford high-quality voice acting. And even if they could land the talent, the Ben and Dan games have so much unique dialogue for nearly every stupid item combination that they'd have to cut most of the script.

FYI I really like the Ben and Dan games!
    Last edited by epmode; 15 Feb 2012 at 08:11 PM.

7. Lots of good news in that update. Beta access through Steam and DRM-free copies for backers are appreciated. I'll probably end up buying the Android port, too. Mac folk no longer have any excuses not to come along for the ride!

8. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I" M GOING TO GET ALL SERIOUS AND SHIT

Those games would only be half as awesome with voice acting. Realistically, an indie dev can almost never afford high-quality voice acting. And even if they could land the talent, the Ben and Dan games have so much unique dialogue for nearly every stupid item combination that they'd have to cut most of the script.

FYI I really like the Ben and Dan games!
    They're super good. They are. But they'd be super gooder with voice.

I'm not saying that's a realistic expectation, or that they in particular could afford them, or anything like that, just that I recognized I was not enjoying that game as much as it deserved to be enjoyed because of the lack of voices.

EFIGS makes a lot of sense because this will probably mostly sell in Europe because other countries are excluded from donating to Kickstarter. This actually might make a good amount of money on release, maybe even fund another game. If it's good, at least.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 15 Feb 2012 at 08:25 PM.

9. I didn't get very far in Been There Dan That not because of voice or its lack, but because they wouldn't shut up. If that thing had been voice acted I'd still be sitting in the first room waiting for the VA to finish his lines.

James

10. They take after Sam and Max that way.

I would donate a lot to see a real Steve Purcell Sam and Max game again. Like one where he's doing the actual writing. Still my favorite comic book of all time. I know Pixar's gotta be a sweet gig, but you'd think at some point he'd want to work on a project of his own again.