Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. What are all these damn chips doing in my chocolate chip cookie!? I just want the damn cookie, dammit!

James

It is a fair complaint to make. There isn't an alternative equivalent that they can purchase.

3. ...Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

The alternative is to wait for the game to come out and buy it on Steam. And if our straw-man whiner doesn't want to pay full price, they can wait for a Steam sale.

James
    Last edited by James; 12 Feb 2012 at 01:57 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The alternative is to wait for the game to come out and buy it on Steam.
    For the same price.

When the doc is 7% of the budget it's a nice bonus, but when it was 25% of the budget, I could understand the complaint, because it would be compromising the quality of the game itself in a more profound way.

5. But it's not like they said $400,000 goal, oh wait, trim 25% out for non-game-development-related content. The game dev budget was $300,000, the documentary $100,000. Add that up and you get $400,000, and that's what the Kickstarter was for.

James

6. When they were still at $100,000 it was 100% of the budget, and that just makes me so mad!

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    But it's not like they said $400,000 goal, oh wait, trim 25% out for non-game-development-related content. The game dev budget was $300,000, the documentary $100,000. Add that up and you get $400,000, and that's what the Kickstarter was for.

James
    Yeah, never said anyone was misled. Just that I can understand why, on paper, the doc makes the proposal look less attractive to some.,

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    When they were still at $100,000 it was 100% of the budget, and that just makes me so mad!
    If they had only raised $100k and then just made a documentary for an imaginary game it would've been awesome.

That would have been acceptable.

10. Honestly, I don't play these games for the gameplay, so a humorous and interesting documentary is worth as much to me as a humorous and atmospheric game without a heck of a lot of gameplay.