Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I didn't get very far in Been There Dan That not because of voice or its lack, but because they wouldn't shut up. If that thing had been voice acted I'd still be sitting in the first room waiting for the VA to finish his lines.
    If you're playing adventure games for the puzzles you're in the wrong genre.

Unless you're playing the Myst series.

3. They can't move some of the money to another project. People have given them money in the hopes of making this one that much better.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    If you're playing adventure games for the puzzles you're in the wrong genre.
    There are some adventure games with great puzzle design.

But good writing is what separates the great adventures from the rest, no argument there.

5. My favorite parts of adventure games are always the little unexpected bits, like the extra dialogue for characters in Curse of Monkey Island, and the little games at the convenience store in Sam and Max hit the road. I hope the extra money will avail them to add more of those little touches, because Telltale games are completely lacking in them.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. This is kind of interesting given recent events.

In 2004, Ron Gilbert laid out hypothetically what he felt it would cost to build a state-of-the-art 2D adventure game with an experienced staff:
    http://grumpygamer.com/4904226

He concluded that to do it would cost about a million dollars, minus marketing and distribution costs. Unlike 3D, I don't think the needs of 2D game development have changed radically since he wrote that, although obviously costs to do things at a world-class studio in San Francisco are a bit higher. Still pretty encouraging.

7. The Q&A updated: "We were aiming to finish in October of 2012, but in light of the increased budget we're planning to expand production to ensure we make the best game possible."

YES EXPAND PLS

8. I already told you that!

I think less than a year is rushing it if you have the budget (which they do now).

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I already told you that!
    PROVE IT

I think we all expected a delay after this thing was so successful; it's just the first time that it was officially acknowledged.

10. They told me that in a PM on kickstarter like 3-4 days ago and I told you and then you didn't believe me.