Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I told you and then you didn't believe me.
    I have no recollection of this event! Perhaps you spoke with a doppelganger.

2. I probably didn't say how I knew so you just thought I was jabbering.

3. Really has held fairly steady since it initially tapered off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    you just thought I was jabbering.
    Link pls.

I think you're confusing me with someone else! I've been hoping that this becomes a bigger project since minute 0.

They'll probably hit around $3 to $3.5 million if the currently steady pace of about $1600 per hour continues.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    They'll probably hit around $3 to $3.5 million if the currently steady pace of about $1600 per hour continues.
    Even at a $1000 an hour average, they'd be over $3.5 million. Of course it could fall off sharply, it's going to depend on if they keep posting updates and making headlines. Brings new eyes to the project.

Say they get $3 million, take out about $250,000 for the documentary and $250,000 for kickstarter/amazon fees, that still leaves like 2.5 million, which would be Double Fine's biggest budget since Brutal Legend, and enough to make a pretty bad ass adventure game. This project gets more and more exciting all the time.

I've been keeping my expectations in check, knowing that their budget was still pretty limited, and Double Fine costs are higher than independent German developer costs, but we're getting to the point where we might be able to actually expect something comparable in size and scope to a classic LucasArts game in HD. That's exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I think you're confusing me with someone else! I've been hoping that this becomes a bigger project since minute 0.
    Yeah, I just mean that I posted on this thread, not that you actually read it and responded, I'm just joking around.

7. Oh good, I thought I was going crazy for a minute!

8. Tim seems to have gotten more wishy-washy about whether or not this will be 2D.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...1&sd=1

Although I love 2D art, I'd probably be more excited for something a little more cinematic, and a little more in Double Fine's sphere as far as presentation goes. Hopefully those donations keep coming.

9. I think he should just make the game he wants to make, within whatever budget he ends up with. Most people don't really care about 2D vs 3D, just the more vocal forum trolls.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. The instruction Tim Schafer should have gotten from this campaign is "We want a classic styled adventure game". He then makes the game he believes should be made within the framework of that idea, and doesn't spend time second-guessing himself.

Also, updating the Kickstarter now and then to nurture the thing along, rather than letting it drag like this. It really should have cleared $2,000,000 by now.

James