Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

With a pulley in the middle.

2. Well yeah, why would one exist without it?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Is the rubber chicken with the pulley in the middle the platonic ideal of a difficult puzzle? Because that's the first thing I think about too. That and the time travel cross dressing of Space Quest 4.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

I didn't have a problem with either of those. I think the cat hair mustache is still the best example of an obnoxiously obtuse adventure game puzzle.

5. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    Is the rubber chicken with the pulley in the middle the platonic ideal of a difficult puzzle? Because that's the first thing I think about too. That and the time travel cross dressing of Space Quest 4.
    Two words: Cat mustache.

EDIT: What bVork said.

6. We don't talk about Blood of the Sacred in these here parts.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    And to sort the collection you'll end up needing some tic-tacs, a whip, and cherry flavored anal lube.
    To solve one "puzzle" in Broken Age, you do need a talking knife, a canister of compressed air and a whipped cream gun.

At Mzo's house this is known as "Tuesday".
    Last edited by No One; 17 Jan 2014 at 02:49 AM.

8. Reviews for this seem to be overwhelmingly positive in the press. The general consensus is that it's wonderful but probably too easy. And the second half is supposed to be harder, so maybe that's not such a problem in the end.

There was no way this could live up to every single person's dreams, especially with the vaguest pitch of all time, but I think it's safe to say they didn't blow it at this point. This is probably good news for Kickstarter.

What will be interesting to see is how the other big adventures stack up this year. Broken Age sets a pretty high mark to beat, but Tesla Effect, Armikrog, and Dreamfall are shaping up to be strong contenders.

9. Honestly, I've decided to withhold all judgement until part 2 is complete. Criticizing part 1 is criticizing half a game, although griping about the controls being iPad-ified is fair.

I understand why people will do this, but blaming/crediting Kickstarter for Broken Age's quality is a really dumb thing to do.

James
    Last edited by James; 17 Jan 2014 at 10:49 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Criticizing part 1 is criticizing half a game, although griping about the controls being iPad-ified is fair.
    Half a game they are selling for real money now.

I am fine with criticizing anything people are charging for, this includes early access junk.