Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233335363738 LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

To keep the suckers backers content a while longer

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Why does a 3 hour long single player adventure game need a beta?
    It doesn't, it's just a way of giving the backers the game a couple weeks earlier than they otherwise would.

3. So Double Fine is slowly releasing the documentary episodes to the public, in part to dispel what they feel are misconceptions about how the budget and schedule were mishandled. It's a very well produced series, although I wonder how many people making cracks at Double Fine are going to be interested in sitting through 20 episodes of this.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RRb0igiI-WKk3D

4. So it's looking more and more like April 28 is the day on all platforms digital and retail.

This hardly has the hype it once did but I'm still excited.

5. I've been watching the dev videos as they go up. Like the soundtrack so much I bought it.

6. Finally out, for backers at least. Everyone else tomorrow. Can't believe it's been over 3 years since this all started.

Time to finally play this.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Yeah, if you had the restraint to avoid playing the first part, there seems to be little evidence that the game was ever split.

9. Finished the game. Clocked in at 9.5 hours, which is longer than Grim Fandango took me, so I don't think there will be any complaints about length.

Act 2 is a lot tougher, and the puzzles, while logical, take some real work, even making charts and notes, Myst-style. I think this easily stands up to the classic Tim Schafer adventure canon, and I like it better than Full Throttle.

That said, the ending is a little rushed. It's not totally clear why the Lorunan's need maidens. They tiptoe around spelling this out. Also, it's not really clear why the Lorunans stop shooting at them after the meltdown. And Vella never rescues the other maidens, nor are they seen afterward. But as a whole, it was a funny, charming adventure, one of the best in years.

10. RPS wasn't feeling it but I trust you more so I'm re-pumped