Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Screenwise: I'm Sayin' No

1. Google Screenwise: I'm Sayin' No

Story @ The Verge

Google has launched thing called Screenwise, which is a Chrome browser plugin. It's "We'll pay to spy on your internet usage" at the rate of $5 per 3 months. If you join the Screenwise panel, you get to install a high-end router "Screenwise Data Collector" provided by Google. You recieve $100, then $20 a month. This one records an entire household's web usage.

DO NOT WANT. Privacy is too valuable to put any price on.

2. Burn their eyes out with horror beyond measurement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

People volunteer to save a few bucks by allowing insurance companies to monitor driving habits; when, where, and how fast. The Google Spy will catch on just the same.

4. You'd have to offer significantly more money for me to allow you to spy on my internet usage.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. How hard would it be for someone to abuse it and gather login info?

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Privacy is too valuable to put any price on.
    I honestly initially read this as "piracy".

Seriously, who is going to do this for that paltry sum? Also, I hate those car insurance monitor things too. If I have to dive a 1996 car forever, so be it.

lol on anyone that had to sort through my browsing history.

I'm bad to open 30+ tabs at one time. And I have this frefox app called "linky" tht will let me open ever link on a page at one time or allow me to open all image links into a separate tab. It is really useful when you're trying to power you're way through a website in a foreign language. It is also useful when you want to save a lot of images at one time.

Think twice before you implicitly trust Google with your data.

10. Google sucks.

I never, ever, ever thought I would say that, by the way. They were the good guys for a long time.