Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Daze/Rush

1. I almost wish I'd downloaded it now as well, if only because I could have got some early DLC "free" by doing so. A lot of people have been bitching that the DLC is already on the cart, but this is one of those rare instances where I feel like I can overlook it. All the DLC had been released through PSN in Japan already, so I figure by including extra content that's been available elsewhere for a while they're just saving bandwidth/hassle.

Glad you picked it up. I feel like this game should be getting more attention than it is here.

Sounds like everyone on TNL with a Vita has it, so...

Haven't heard from Nick yet, though!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. WELL TALK ABOUT IT MORE, DAMMIT.

I BEAT IT WITH ALL THE TROPHIES.

I think the races might be balanced around different levels of your abilities... when they're all maxed out they're pretty easy, even if you mess up kind of a lot.

I don't understand some of the review scores this game is getting. They're mostly great, but the IGN one (again, shock shock) especially grates with me.
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I think the races might be balanced around different levels of your abilities... when they're all maxed out they're pretty easy, even if you mess up kind of a lot.
    I noticed this as well. The free races are easy to get gold on once you max out your gravity meter and falling speed, especially if you're able to incorporate sliding into your runs. Now I'm going back and clearing some of the time attack stages now that Kat's specials and kicks are all buffed out. Weirdly I kinda liked that one mission where you were just tossing junk into the highlighted area. I wish there'd been a couple more of those.

I'm now in some weird tree village with a bunch of kids.

So many reviews are bitching about the combat, which I find intuitive and pretty straight-forward. So far I haven't had a single problem with it.

I honestly think that the majority of the people who write about video games are just really, really uncoordinated and bad at them. I would hate games if I was bad at them.

All the combat really needs is like, a quick turn-around 180 button. I made it through the entire game without any of the combat issues people seem to be having. As far as I can tell, you have a really large, red targeting reticle with really, really lenient homing attacks. So what I played was basically the opposite of what they complain about. The wasps are good at dodging your kicks, but I felt the game did a pretty good job of telling you that you should throw objects at them, which kills them immediately. I really want to watch them play.

The up + triangle special attack is probably my favorite. The homing one isn't always good at choosing targets and too often results in 30-minute wait ring outs. I... don't think I ever used the last special attack. Maybe it's good?
    Last edited by Mzo; 19 Jun 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    My Backloggery

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I would hate games if I was bad at them.
    This explains my sour disposition.

"Cyanea, wake up! That beautiful girl is escaping from her cage!"

Haha, Kat's the cutest. She's got spunk, but not totally secure with herself. I like how she slaps the trash can thingies after she fills 'em with crystals.

I'm taking my time. 'bout half-way I reckon. The little comic book trophy icons are neato. The way the comic book sections rotate around as you flip through, gravity shift-style, is a nice touch. Forced touch screen stuff sucks as much as ever, but I'll weather it. Mostly by avoiding it whenever possible. I never Evade. And I don't even know how to do the Sliding Kick.

Who was the dumbshit reviewer that thought this made-up language was Japanese?

8. You can just press x to get to the next image in the comic sections.

It made me super happy.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Oh, I knew that. I am the master of trying anything and everything to avoid touch screen whenever possible.

10. I'm actually a little surprised at how well evading works. The game never really needs you to do it, but a tiny flick of the thumb in the bottom-right corner of the screen makes Kat evade in the direction I want 100% of the time.