Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court to Decide if Schools Should Actually Base Admissions on Merit

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The most obvious example was a disaster, and it took years to get the person out of the role for the same reason they got it in the first place. They basically had to get the person something else that interested them, because they couldn't throw them out regardless of merit.
    Your company couldn't fire this person the same day they hired some one just like them but qualified? Where the fuck do you work where it takes them years to get rid of some one? I doubt you work in a tenured union strong industry.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

Sounds like an issue with the state.

MS employers can fire the shit out whomever they want. Black, white, whatever. If they want you gone, you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    Your company couldn't fire this person the same day they hired some one just like them but qualified? Where the fuck do you work where it takes them years to get rid of some one? I doubt you work in a tenured union strong industry.
    The promotion put the person in an executive position. Good luck firing a minority executive in any company.

4. It's exceedingly tough to fire any executive, not just a minority one. Lots of people get over promoted. But yea, keep making it about race.

Affirmative Action makes it about race.

6. Do you know that's why they couldn't fire the person though?

It is hard to fire any executive. You first have to prove they do anything, before you can prove they do it poorly.

Of course not. But diff's point is right on about executives. My issue was that the promotion occurred. Once that happened, the end result was obvious. No way was a firing going to happen.

I'd fired him. Fuck'm.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Good luck finding a minority executive in any company.
    FTFY.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html