Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court to Decide if Schools Should Actually Base Admissions on Merit

1. There's something shady going on there... And obviously a large amount of taxes withheld existing before the year.

I don't make much money, and I get raped on taxes because I'm taxed as both an employer and employee. I can deduct all kinds of silly shit because of that but I still end up paying thousands at the end of the year, not getting a refund.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 03 Mar 2012 at 06:30 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Silly SSJN, those people aren't real. Frog and Diff have links that say otherwise. LINKS AND URLS SSJN!
    I said what the max EITC is. That doesn't mean there aren't other credits they take advantage of - legal or not. Don't be rude.

3. How many dependents do you have frog?
    I wish dog$ would check in since he knows this stuff.

4. Try living in MD. As a student one year I made less than $8,000, and still had to pay the state of MD almost a grand.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    How many dependents do you have frog?
    Doesn't matter. Payroll income is only taxed over a certain point, but freelance income is taxed period. If I made $5, I'd have to pay taxes on it.

You report freelance income? How quaint.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Try living in MD. As a student one year I made less than $8,000, and still had to pay the state of MD almost a grand.
    State taxes I hear are always a mega bitch compared to Federal. Apparently some states don't give a fuck if you're homeless, they want 15% of the sandwich you dug outta the trash.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You report freelance income? How quaint.
    If it's 1080'd, yeah, that shit will catch up with you. If it's W9 or under the table then fuck it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    State taxes I hear are always a mega bitch compared to Federal. Apparently some states don't give a fuck if you're homeless, they want 15% of the sandwich you dug outta the trash.
    California is like that. NJ is not so bad.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Doesn't matter. Payroll income is only taxed over a certain point, but freelance income is taxed period. If I made $5, I'd have to pay taxes on it.
    My point was this stuff all depends on whether or not kids are involved. The dude who made $7000 was originally just going to file on his own. All he was going to get back was $300. That's when his sister (who is on welfare) stepped up and said he could claim her kid as long as they split what was going to be given. His $300 return then turned into a $4500 return.