Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 616181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court to Decide if Schools Should Actually Base Admissions on Merit

Believing you deserve something you earned is not a feeling of entitlement. By definition entitlement implies that it wasn't earned. Without having access to more of the chick's information in this particular case, it's hard to know which side of the line she falls on. Crying about affirmative action when you had no business getting one of the spots is just as bad (but no worse) than affirmative action giving the spot to someone who had no business getting it. I took Six's post to be speaking in general, not about this specific case.

And your post is still bullshit.

2. Because I'm of latino descent? You make me sick. That Nick lets an obvious racist like you post on this site is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Because I'm of latino descent? You make me sick. That Nick lets an obvious racist like you post on this site is a travesty.
    How the fuck does your family tree affect the fact that this post is bullshit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    He'll never see it that way. To him whites can do no wrong if it's against a minority.

4. You're using my ethnicity to discredit me. you made it an issue.

Please quote that post without editing it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The root cause is the parents. Figure out a way to fix them and stop trying to punish the responsible ones and their kids in the name of a twisted "fairness."
    How do you propose to give everyone a good family? You've said this several times, but I don't know you to be that much of a naive ideallist, so I really have to call bullshit on this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Please quote that post without editing it.
    I don't have to disprove your racism. That's your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    How do you propose to give everyone a good family? You've said this several times, but I don't know you to be that much of a naive ideallist, so I really have to call bullshit on this.
    That's a whole different thread, largely unrelated to education. This is just one symptom of underlying problems that would admittedly be a bitch to fix, unless you simply prioritize kids above all else and go from there.

9. You wouldn't really want to live in a society that parented your kids for you anyway. Or told people who could and couldn't reproduce.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's only true if he/she is outside the top X% when that number are admitted. Anyone who is not in that top X% and thinks they deserve anything has an entitlement mentality. Race has nothing to do with it.
    ... which is exactly the situation here. Fisher is in the top 12%. Top 10% are guaranteed admission. This case is some bullshit.