Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court to Decide if Schools Should Actually Base Admissions on Merit

1. Aren't whites by and large the ones who mostly abuse the system anyway. I know they're the largest food stamp users at 34%.

2. Why wouldn't the majority of the population be the majority of almost every statistic?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Why wouldn't the majority of the population be the majority of almost every statistic?
    Wat.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    bunch of crackers .... he throws out paragraphs of black stereotypes .... I didn't call him racist, but clearly there was a lot of pent up racial tension spilling out in that post.
    I didn't read Dog$'s post as racist. Just someone who has more information on a subject than you. He proved you wrong on certain counts and you decided to deflect the issue to race. Basically, slight of hand. Since you lost that argument LOOK at this instead! This is what pisses me off about both sides of the political spectrum.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. If 70 percent of the population is white, would you be surprised if 70 percent of all car owners were white? If 70 percent of all people who eat breakfast cereal were white? In most cases, wouldn't the largest percentage of the population also account for the largest percentage of most things the population does? Unless I'm supposed to just assume welfare and shit is only used by minorities, but that line of thinking seems racist to me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If 70 percent of the population is white, would you be surprised if 70 percent of all car owners were white? If 70 percent of all people who eat breakfast cereal were white? In most cases, wouldn't the largest percentage of the population also account for the largest percentage of most things the population does? Unless I'm supposed to just assume welfare and shit is only used by minorities, but that line of thinking seems racist to me.
    If 70 percent of the population is white, I wouldn't assume that 70 percent of short people are white. I would assume 70 percent of short people are Asian.

7. Racist. I think that statistic would fall under the categories not covered by "most".

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    paragraphs of black stereotypes.
    Paragraphs? Plural? I don't agree.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Gohron, just a heads up - that's just a movie. The real world doesn't work like a movie.
    Way to miss the point. These types of things did or do happen in case you haven't witnessed what has been a hot button issue for years.

10. Admissions should be colorblind. Let's stop robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Also, extracurricular activities should be downplayed. Some high schools have to cut them due to funding issues and their students are SOL on that front. Academics should be the key factor if not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by a libertarian viewpoint on affirmative action, Advocates for Self-Government
    Attempts to correct bigotry with affirmative action haven't worked
    very well. Such laws are easy for bigots to circumvent and people tend
    to think minority employees did not earn their positions on merit even
    if they did. They also make it possible for bigots to harass
    minorities by demanding employment at minority owned businesses.
    QIA.