Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNL search Function

TNL search Function

Why does the TNL search function suck so badly now?

I've been looking for a thread I made for like 30 minutes now.

Why can't I click my name and get a link to see all the threads I've made?

Oh look, I found it. By going down each page of sound off and reading thread titles.

3. It's because of the forum software limitations. We installed an alternate search engine, but you will have to go through the Advanced Search link under the main search box (top right of the page) to get complete results. Search for a single content type then put in your name and select "threads started" from the drop-down box. Here's a link to get you there faster: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/sea...?search_type=1.

4. How do I just search for a thread by keywords.
    'Threads' isn't one of the types. I remember this being different.

5. From that search page, just put in your keywords and choose whether to search the whole thread or just the title. For example, here are two ways I can search to see whether we have any threads on Solatorobo:

1) Go to the advanced search, search for the keyword "solatorobo," and choose to search titles only.

2) Go to Gaming Discussion, click "Search Forum" - which is under the pagination links near the top right (a lot of cool stuff happens near the top right of our pages), type "solatorobo" into the search box, and have it search just for threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's because of the forum software limitations. We installed an alternate search engine, but you will have to go through the Advanced Search link under the main search box (top right of the page) to get complete results. Search for a single content type then put in your name and select "threads started" from the drop-down box. Here's a link to get you there faster: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/sea...?search_type=1.
    What the fuck

my advance search page is like half of that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	65172  

and now it is no longer doing it. I'm taking crazy pills

8. Your search page is half of what? Are you using the tabs at the top of the interface that let you switch to a search for a single content type?

I don't like the way search is set up here either, but major changes aren't feasible. Every time there's an update, it'd be a potential major mess.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't like the way search is set up here either, but major changes aren't feasible.
    switch forum software

10. Ha, we can do it every ten years. We're two days late. Can you have it done tonight?