Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1222242526

Thread: Modern Japanese Games "Just Suck"

Fuck japan for the direction they took Valkryia chronicles in. That series had potential and they just lolli school anime shit all over it.

2. That's what happens when you change teams. Sega needs to let their arcade guys do more high profile stuff. Their arcade staff still has a lot of their best talent which, much as it pains me to admit, is really just a waste at this point.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Fuck japan for the direction they took Valkryia chronicles in. That series had potential and they just lolli school anime shit all over it.
    Eh, they reined it back in with part 3.

WE'LL NEVER KNOW
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    WE'LL NEVER KNOW
    At least the gameplay in 2 is pretty good.

But yeah - fucking lolhighschoolmilitaryhijinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Sure, the first one had some of that stupid anime high school shit in it. Like the fucking stupid beach trip (why does every anime ever now have a beach trip? But they pulled it back in with some more serious 80s anime cliches like "lets kill the cool quite bad guy girl that everyone likes."

I'll take 80s/early 90s anime cliches over fucking 00-12 shit any day of the week.

7. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur..._march_to_.php

Good interview with Keiji Inafune regarding his development company.
    I think there needs to be more energy among developers before the Japanese game industry will improve, and if we want to complete globally, they need to take a more global approach to development. So I'm trying to make a company where the developers feel more of a reward for making great products. I'd like to succeed at that, and I hope that inspires other outfits to see if they can duplicate that success.

8. Add Resident Evil 6 to the jap made suck list.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"