Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Blip bloop [v.3]

1. I "had" a soundcloud account...but I'm guessing it got purged or something nefarious while I was gone. I had free DJ mixes and tracks up. Sadly also, around 2-3 years ago my laptop died putting all my work, music, software, tracks, art, blood, sweat and tears into limbo for the time being. I'm still rather gutted about it, because I had 4-5 tracks in the works for an e.p or album for a friends label...which I was gonna put out for free. Not to mention I was learning MAX for Live, constantly DJing, and building stuff in ableton. I'll see if I can find something archieved online somewhere.

Here is a small sampling on Peaceoff from the label owner Rotator. Peaceoff is hard to pin down its sound, cause everyone does whatever the hell they want....but make it ruff!

SME which later turned into the label F-111, run by DJ DB helped to spread the sound of breakbeat/hardcore/jungle/dnb in the US in the early 90's. Here is one of the anthems from back then, which I have and still love. End of the night tune! The tune has been covered by many people, but the original from 1977 is from rose royce.

2. Just stopping in real quick to post this:

Holy fuck.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

3. Rtificial: That Wishing on a Star tune is great, totally brings me back. I used to be huge into jungle and drum & bass during high school and into my college years. Does anybody still produce straight up drum & bass any more? When I have some time I'll post a few of my fav DnB tracks.

Sucks that you lost all of your work, man. Sorry to hear it. I would have gone insane, raged and been inconsolable had that happened to me.

4. I don't really keep up with DnB anymore. I'm sure there are some people who still do various styles of dnb, just gotta dig thru all the crap to find the gems. I just find 90% of it right now sounds all the same and the same formula like a trance tune.

I'm really digging the FEZ soundtrack at the moment. Sounds like boards of canada if they were stuck using a nintendo only.

Amon Tobin will be here on tour...next month maybe. I can't go cause of work, but I got friends going.

5. Your friends are some lucky bastids.

So, I had fun this afternoon digging through my old music and rediscovering some of my favorite DnB tracks. Here are a few of the best:

Last edited by Gondolin; 29 Apr 2012 at 09:13 AM.

6. ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

7. Ultrasonic Sound still sounds fresh and Brown Paper Bag's a classic. Roni Size / Reprazent are largely responsible for getting me into the genre.

8. BTW, FEZ is superlative! Mad cool of you to point it out.

9. I have that element track on some mix cd's someplace. The track reminds me of the old jungle sky/liquid sky label.

Hive does some pretty heavy stuff nowdays on his violence label. I seen roni size reprezent twice live. First time was a small venue and they had jumping jack frost and brian gee DJing with em. Great show both times, but I really loved the first tour.

10. Yeah, I have The Inner Light on my copy of AK1200's Fully Automatic. The part where the drums come in at around 3:46 still gets me pumped.

D'oh! You got me excited for a minute there. I thought that Hive was still active, but it looks like there haven't been any updates over at Violence Recordings since '08.

That first Roni Size / Reprazent LP was SO good. Never did see any of them live. I wonder if they're still doing anything...

As far as contemporary drum & bass, these days I only really listen to Pendulum. BTW, I think I've listened to that FEZ soundtrack like 5 times through already!