Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blip bloop [v.3]

1. All of reprezent are busy with other projects and solo stuff. Dynamite MC has solo albums and tons of guest appearances on just about any tune you can name. Hip hop, dubstep, house, dnb, he's all over the place.

If you have a spectral analyzer you can find hidden pictures in the Fez soundtrack. Venetian snares and aphex twin did the same thing years ago.

One of my favorite dj mix starters or enders from Venetian snares. I started a live set at this warehouse rave years ago with this track after I played after skynet and it blended with his record so well he looked at me funny.

Oddly enough Fez does the same thing this video does in the middle.

I need to see if this guy has put up anything new in awhile. I like his quirky lil self

And here is one nice guy who puts out some nice music. Big RPG fan and makes music to dance to grind lvls to. I used to finish sets with this track, once it kicks in you'll have goosebumps so enjoy.

2. That Venetian Snares tune is BA and that blockhead video was the good kind of stupid. I don't have a spectral analyzer, but maybe I'll stop being lazy at some point and check it out. I love Richard D. James (meaning his music), BTW.

Fun with an Ableton controller and Native Instruments's Maschine...

I'm probably going to be harassing you with some Ableton questions in the near future.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

3. Yea I seen that first video the other week. My ableton buddies are having a soundcloud/ableton meetup soon, wish I could go. Before the comp died, I was spending hours HOURS! making drum racks and effect racks.

This guy rocks a monome and is one of the most humble and nice guys you can meet.

Apparently I missed this squarepusher release while I was M.I.A. Getting it now.

4. The gentleman in the first video you posted makes me think of what it would look like if Josh and Hugh Jackman had a kid, let it grow up, then gave it a suit, but didn't tell him how to put it on.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

5. That's just how daedelus is heh. He's quirky and his music/live show reflects that.

Also, the new squarepusher is out today!

6. RAPE my wallet RAPE it!
    http://ninjatune.net/us/release/amon-tobin/amon-tobin

Amon tobin box set! This shall makeup for me having to miss him live in my area.

7. That box set is insane. Did you end up getting it? I've got tickets to see ISAM 2.0 next week, which I'm more than a little excited about! It should be interesting getting to the venue, because it's on Lansdowne Street in Boston and the Red Sox have a home game vs the Yankees that evening. Yikes!

In other news, I saw Tycho thanks to your heads-up in NYC this past July and had a total blast. He showed up with a live band and it was far better than I had expected. Contrary to what I had thought, his music is actually quite danceable and I had no idea the bass would be so heavy!

I'm also hitting up the Bassnectar show down in NJ in November.

BTW, sorry for the late reply. My offline life was turned on its head recently and I didn't have the time (or desire, really) to post here. I do still plan on hitting you up for some Ableton advice soon, but I'm sure you'll believe it when you actually see it, LOL.

Currently listening to:

8. New (for this year) Zeds Dead. These kids rarely fail to impress.

Their Victor EP is more hip hop centric...

And here I thought that quality lyrical emceeing was all but dead. I like it.

9. Trifonic released a new album, Ninth Wave, on Tuesday! I've already purchased a copy. I was SO totally stoked about this news because I had thought that they were defunct.

Their revamped website, where you can listen to the whole record for free: http://www.trifonic.com/

My favorite tune from the LP as of right now (while it's still up):

10. Currently listening to: