Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: A Week Ago, I Hugged This Man

1. Starts at around the 35 minute mark : http://fr.twitch.tv/ignlive/b/310865251

2. I guess I don't completely understand your argument here. A giant company recognizes people that have focused on improving the world, which is commendable and inspiring. Then at a completely separate event the same company unveils a game that was written and partially developed by people who's job (in their minds at least) is to improve the world by eliminating global threats and ending conflict. That is an unsteady parallel.

Are you upset that they are capitalizing on current conflicts and letting players seek entertainment in plausible scenarios? Are you upset that they seem to be focusing on Muslim extremist groups like Abu Sayyaf and al-Shabaab? Are you mad that dudebro's are taking over your precious past-time? Edit:Sorry I read No One's post as yours; disregard the last questions.
    Last edited by sedition; 14 Mar 2012 at 07:34 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. This is pretty stupid.

4. Preaching is just as bad as people not doing shit to help another person. He's at least telling his story. You're trying to preach about the video game industry and a community you have no idea about.

5. I feel like this thread had a good idea but no actual thought was put into it.

Guy is doing something really awesome while totally unrelated group spends money on exploitative entertainment. Company pushes a message of uplifting spirit while simultaneously not stopping vaguely related things that make them shitloads of money. Now the fun part: Am I describing the movie industry, the games industry, or the book industry?

6. I really don't see your point. Should the pool toy industry also 'GROW THE FUCK UP' and become a vanguard of social activism?

Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    The fighting game community rightfully was blasted for its misogeny recently yet this is not outrage worthy?
    You mean misogyny, and rightfully my ass. Since when is a community of millions responsible for the bad behaviour of one socially retarded idiot? The fighting game community is a lot bigger than just the retards and sycophants on SRK.

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    To be honest, I've always thought military shooters (with a few exceptions) were meathead games.
    I've always thought of them as shooters for people who either lack the reflexes to play real FPS's, or are too insecure to play a game where some of the guns shoot brightly coloured projectiles.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    Gamers as a community need to grow beyond this frat boy bro mentality
    It's just... video games, man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    It's just... video games, man.
    Seriously. Even though I play video games in tournaments I don't make it the center of my world. They're just games. I have other things to do and so does everyone else. I never had a problem with Almaci but with his asking TNLers to buy him drinks and now this shit I have a hard time believe anyone takes him seriously.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've always thought of them as shooters for people who either lack the reflexes to play real FPS's, or are too insecure to play a game where some of the guns shoot brightly coloured projectiles.
    Wow, I like your description way more than my own.

10. I'm glad a thread about industry maturity has devolved into an "other peoples' videogames" stereotype session.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.