Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HBO's Luck cancelled

1. HBO's Luck cancelled

The horseracing series "Luck" was canceled by HBO after a third thoroughbred died during production of the drama starring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte.

"Luck," about the seedier side of racing, will air the final two episodes of its first season now in progress, HBO said Wednesday. But the series won't return for the second season that began production last month.
    Damn. I was into this show. Pretty unfortunate and sad circumstances.

Have HBO and Milch use that Luck money to continue Deadwood.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. What's this about a dead horse?

3. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Damn. I was into this show. Pretty unfortunate and sad circumstances.

Have HBO and Milch use that Luck money to continue Deadwood.
    Those thoroughbreds are expensive I've heard. I wonder if HBO made any money on this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Poor Milch.
    At least he keeps on keeping on!

5. That didn't last very long, too bad they kept killing what would have been the best part of the show.

Three horses? Seriously?

6. Nick Nolte kept breathing on them.

7. you could say their Luck.....ran out. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Those thoroughbreds are expensive I've heard. I wonder if HBO made any money on this at all.
    Only the fast ones are, and there are a lot of ex race horses that need homes that would look the part easily on TV. You can even find them for free. It's pretty sad that the Luck crew weren't able to take adequate care of them.

9. I'll give them a home.
    in my tummy

10. Didn't horse used to be used as dog food?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."