Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure (and now Tex Murphy: Poisoned Pawn)

1. Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure (and now Tex Murphy: Poisoned Pawn)

The last time we heard any rumblings about Tex Murphy, it was when Big Finish games teased "Project Fedora" as planned (but not in development. Nothing ever came of it.

Now, Chris Jones is teasing a big announcement about Tex tomorrow:
    http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/m...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

And this picture has been making the rounds. FMV lives!:

A good bet would probably be a partially or totally kickstarter funded Tex game. Seems like that's all the buzz lately. They've been dying to bring this series back for a long time and this seems to be the right opportunity. Adventure fans are paying attention and primed for it.

Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive are both in my top 5 adventure games of all time. Despite the FMV stigma, they hold up really well to this day, and I don't think there are any adventures I've replayed close to as many times. This needs to happen.

2. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE let this be true.

3. I remember Mean Streets on my 286 blowing my mind because it had sound effects and speech through PC speaker.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    I remember Mean Streets on my 286 blowing my mind because it had sound effects and speech through PC speaker.
    Real Sound was bad ass. Mean Streets as a game, however... Well let's just say it hasn't aged as gracefully as the other games in the series.

5. I think Frog got me into UAKM and Pandora Directive and I wound up liking them a lot! So: Thanks!

God I love this ridiculous crowdsourcing thing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    God I love this ridiculous crowdsourcing thing.
    I asked Greg Johnson if he'd do a Toejam and Earl kickstarter and he said he wants to and he's trying to figure out a way to do it and balance it with his company's current project. Kickstarter is going to revive SO MANY great brands, I'm telling you.

7. The new GamesTM has a big feature about Tex in it, and there's a bit at the end where they basically say the new Tex game is coming in 2012. So maybe this will just be a new game reveal and not even a kickstarter.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Real Sound was bad ass. Mean Streets as a game, however... Well let's just say it hasn't aged as gracefully as the other games in the series.
    That doesn't surprise me, I remember it still not quite being the greatest game even when I got it, just the sound impressed me. I also had Links Golf with Real Sound and I want to say The Terminator had it too (but I could be wrong on that one).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

haha, I bought like all the Tex Murphy games on GOG and stopped playing like 3/4 of the way through Mean Streets, but not because I didn't like it!

I had a notebook where I was writing down shit, too. I even liked the weird nav system for the future car you drove around in. It definitely hasn't aged well. Really makes me wish I had paid attention back when it first came out.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. The last game of the series is a retelling of Mean Streets with UAKM-style gameplay so for narrative purposes you can kinda skip that one.