Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes Pancakes 2 for Sauce Connector

1. This shit is dumb.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. No Shiboshi. Yore pocchari.
    Donk

While I don't agree on the game, I definitely think smaller game companies should use Kickstarter to gauge interest in and make possible at the very least just text translations of Japanese games we never got and bring them over, even if it's only a digital release. Half-Minute Hero 2, Game Center CX 2, etc. Who would look at the available titles rotting in Japan and be like, yeah, Class of Heroes is it?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    No Shiboshi. Yore pocchari.
    I am, and you're jealous.

And seriously, I'm way more of a PSP nut than you are, and I cannot support this idea. "Pay us money so you can get a bunch of crap and the translation effort we should be given you anyway!" Screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    While I don't agree on the game, I definitely think smaller game companies should use Kickstarter to gauge interest in and make possible at the very least just text translations of Japanese games we never got and bring them over, even if it's only a digital release. Half-Minute Hero 2, Game Center CX 2, etc. Who would look at the available titles rotting in Japan and be like, yeah, Class of Heroes is it?
    If this was a Kickstarter to get us the game, I'd be fully supporting it. That's not what this is.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

If you're not paying more than what you would at retail and are helping to even make it even possible, I don't see the drawback. It's like pre-ordering directly from the company involved. Now, if I had to pay money just to make it happen and THEN buy a copy of the game, that's bullshit. This is great, though.

Shit, I might throw down for this just to support the very idea of it.

edit: I really, really hate the way WD used to stick their dumb noses into the game and make liberal changes throughout. Really hated. They RUINED Silhouette Mirage with their blatant incompetence. Just translate it without shitty contemporary pop references and... fuck. They're going to ruin whatever this game is like they always have before. Forget it.
    Last edited by Mzo; 29 Mar 2012 at 12:54 AM.
    My Backloggery

6. I can believe that CoH1 was a rocky start and the series gets a lot better, but yeah, setting the starting donation point for getting a PSP game no one was really asking for at $60, and telling people that want a DD copy to pay towards this and then pay again when it comes out? When they're going to get a DD release anyway regardless of how this turns out? This is some real clownshoes shit.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 29 Mar 2012 at 01:05 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I would donate A LOT of money to a kickstarter for Half-Minute Hero 2.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    If this was a Kickstarter to get us the game, I'd be fully supporting it. That's not what this is.
    Wait, maybe I missed something then. I haven't read the full Kickstarter page because fuck that.
    My Backloggery

9. And you have to wonder about the $500,000 not being for making the game, not even for translating the game, but for providing a fancy box for the game that's supposed to be coming out anyway. Is this box going to be the craziest fucking foiled box with cloth map ever or are UMD's that expensive or is Vic Ireland pointing and a number and shrugging and saying, "Eh."?
    Donk

Wait, ok.

So this game is coming out no matter what, and this is just to fund a big, fat, stupid WD-style limited edition box set? And you only get it if you put down $59?
    My Backloggery