Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes Pancakes 2 for Sauce Connector

Ireland supporter! Burn him at the stake!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'd rather pound nails through my dick than play another game with Working Designs "improvements."
    I'm going to hold you to that.

3. Agree that I would like to play the original, especially for the game arts stuff from back in the day, but since I can't and because my mind and childhood is so wrapped around those games as they are, I've just accepted my awkward position on those games and because I'm retarded I just throw money at the things I'm not sure about...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman View Post
    I guess for me it's like watching the classic Shaw films as a kid in english and considering them classic as opposed to now watching them in original chinese still preferring english for some of them...
    Working Designs means that every time I think of the Rayearth game I remember jokes about Ike and Tina Turner.

And Slick Willy in Lunar. Don't get me wrong; WD was better than nothing in the mid-1990s, but no one should be remembering back with rose colored glasses anymore.

6. When they decided to play it straight and not be complete retards they released Elemental Gearbolt, which was fucking amazing and one of my favorite PS1 games ever. I wished we had more of that side of them.

I'll donate some money if they'll give me an Alex boxing puppet to go with my Ghaleon.

8. I loved WD in the TG16 days, just for Cosmic Fantasy II and Cadash. They kinda screwed up Exile Wicked Phenomenon, but it wasn't a very good game to begin with. It was all downhill from there (spending ludicrous sums of exp or MP or whatever it was to save my fucking game in Lunar 2), but I still appreciated them for bringing over Thunderforce V and Elemental Gearbolt.

I can't stand Victor Ireland, but I love the idea of Kickstarting a localization. I just wish it was for a good game, and the rewards were thought out a little better. Maybe next time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    The first game was pretty bad -- and what absolutely killed it for me is just how god-awful the UI in the game is. Going from Etrian Odyssey to this felt like peeling the skin from my body (and not in the good way that these games can encourage you to do sometimes). Trying to do anything back in town was a total pain in the ass, having to shuffle between ten different screens just to get a weapon upgraded.

I would be all for this if this was for localizing a good game (like Valkryia Chronicles 3 or Half-Minute Hero 2)... but Class of Heroes 2? Fuck that. I wouldn't even consider playing it again for free until they fix the interface issues.
    Good news for you, then.
    Our wish list of upgrades and features on Class of Heroes II is quite big-boned (some really old-school gamers might call it husky). If you played the only Class of Heroes released here, you know there are a few things we want to upgrade already. Fan Kickstarter support will allow us to make the games even better than they are, adding features like extra saves and better controls, smoothing out the user interface experience, and adding perks.
    Vic seems to hear the UI thing loud and clear. Hopefully he's learned from the past and won't try to change the gameplay or plot or characters, as well. (The Shining Wisdom Sarah/Kazin thing really sticks in my craw)

Samurai Pizza Cats > Ninja Cat Legend Teyandee, though, and Class of Heroes seems like the kind of thing that would benefit from a wacky tailored-for-the-west translation rather than a more literal one.

I'm glad Vic is back, I just hope he's learned. He posts pretty regularly on neogaf with some honest/insightful comments, too. I ain't donating, though. There's no way they're gonna hit 500k. Will buy the game, however.

Oh, and they've licensed the entire series, so we'll be getting 3 and Final if the games stay in the black.

10. Don't think of it as a donation, think of it as a bet.

I DARE ALL OF YOU TO BET $60 ON THIS GAME'S BOX.
    Donk