Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Hurting

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Whenever it was that they decided Sonic should be exclusively a kids brand was when it all went to hell. I'm convinced Generations was a positive accident on the road to basically making Nickelodeon games out of the series.
    The awkwardness of Sonic 2006 and Shadow the Hedgehog put the brakes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    yeah, but most mobile games are garbage or ports.

Has there been a huge blockbuster game yet from an old company? I'm not talking micro transactions where you buy cards or energy packs or something. Like, a real game, that sells millions in the first week of release.
    I think Taito Eidos' Chaos Rings series has done well. They may have been the first "old company" to embrace the platforms, and they seem to have done quite well. You don't see many of their games on 3DS or Vita anymore.

3. I bought Sonic Boom. The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves for not buying it. lol

4. Sega should have died with the Dreamcast.

5. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    I bought Sonic Boom. The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves for not buying it. lol
    I got in two copies. They're still on my wall. Probably will be until it drops to $20 and I lose half my investment.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Sega should have died with the Dreamcast.
    Instead of the insult I want to throw out, I'll instead question how there's nothing of their Xbox library that appeals to you? I'd be sad had I never played easily half of those titles. Not to mention PS2 Shinobi and Yakuza. You talking crazy.
    I could live without Last Gen Sega, which was mostly a publishing house of western garbage and Platinum (assuming Platinum would have found another publisher).

man Valkyrie Chronicles is going to suck on cell phones.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That would be all of them unless you're a jerkface. They were well done and not expensive. Support a brother.
    This man speaks truth. M2 did an amazing fucking job with these games. If only Nintendo put in a 3rd of dedication M2 did with original Sega arcade games like this I wouldn't call them lazy.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

It would be great if they made wonderful games and released them on Steam with the occasionally boxed collectors edition for old series like Shining Force. Man, a new shining force on steam or a collectors edition on cd/dvd. how great would that be?

But its probably going to be more garbage. 4.99 Gen games on VC and Steam. 14.99 ports to cell phones. New garbage games like Sonic Super Flying Circus where they all dress up as clowns and battle Dr. Robolion for the main event, with guest stars mario in lion taming gear.

disgraceful

9. A new Shining Force wouldn't sell 1/10th of a new Sonic. Let it go.

10. Yeah, Nintendo put out that 3ds fire emblem and it only sold 2 copies.
    Sega needs to make a Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed 2, put some SF fan service in it to get the franchise in people's minds again, and then build a time machine to go back and get a good development team, and then release a new Shining Force that actually plays like Shining Force (though I did enjoy the PS2 games) and release it on 3DS/ Vita.