Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Hurting

1. Also: pay M2 the $50,000 or whatever it would take to have them 3Dify Shining Force II.

2. Shining Force wouldn't sell 1/10th of a new Sonic

3. It would sell to me, whereas a new Sonic hasn't in years.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Also: pay M2 the $50,000 or whatever it would take to have them 3Dify Shining Force II.
    And Shining in the Darkness. That shit would get my dick hard if they 3D'd that.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. I don't think I've ever made it past the title screen in a single Shining game. Not my jam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. You guys wishing for a bunch of games nobody has given a shit about in decades isn't going to help Sega. Those games would BURY them.

7. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    You guys wishing for a bunch of games nobody has given a shit about in decades isn't going to help Sega. Those games would BURY them.
    This is true.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I got in two copies. They're still on my wall. Probably will be until it drops to $20 and I lose half my investment.
    That fucking sucks that you couldn't move two copies. It's not a great game, but it's not THAT bad either.

On a side note, I would've loved to play a Skies of Arcadia sequel too. Looks like that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    A new Shining Force wouldn't sell 1/10th of a new Sonic. Let it go.
    apparently new sonic doesn't sell 1/10th as well as sonic either.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    You guys wishing for a bunch of games nobody has given a shit about in decades isn't going to help Sega. Those games would BURY them.
    You probably could put Sonic in that list of "bunch of games nobody has given a shit about in decades" too. It has been 14 years since Sonic Adventure 2 came out, and most people can agree that if Sonic Adventure 1 wasn't the end of sonic, Sonic Adventure 2 was. That second generation of sonic fans that grew up with Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are like 25 now. You can't expect Sonic Boom to capture sales from Gen and Dreamcast fans when it was such a huge departure from both fanbases. Sonic Generations was a pretty good compromise between both sets of fans, but I guess it didn't sell that well.

Either come up with new properties, make sequels that won't break you if they flop, or go back and be faithful to old properties. All this shit about "lets make game X for a new generation" is a gamble. And it almost never ever works.