Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. Androids already a bit of a mess on that front, and shows no sign of improving. But it's not insurmountable.

The reason why Android game releases is so lacking compared to iOS is because Android users don't buy software like iOS ones do. That would be a bigger worry I think.

2. What this system needs to push it over the top is Stuart Scott yelling OUYA on the startup screen.

3. Macho man Oh Yeah! imo.

4. That Android box would be cool if it weren't for the Android part. It's pretty much impossible to make a fully smooth and responsive game in Android right now.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I see 4.1 in person.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Androids already a bit of a mess on that front, and shows no sign of improving. But it's not insurmountable.
    I'm not sure what you mean. As of Android 4.0 (really, since 3.0 but no one ever used that), it's pretty easy to code for different resolutions and screen sizes, but even before then it wasn't too big a deal for things like games, just for things where there might be fundamentally different layouts based on resolution (i.e. tablet apps).

The reason why Android game releases is so lacking compared to iOS is because Android users don't buy software like iOS ones do. That would be a bigger worry I think.
    Well they seem to be targetting a F2P model probably for that reason. This thing seems pretty easy to support though, so it'll probably get most of the Android games you'd actually want to play with a controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    That Android box would be cool if it weren't for the Android part. It's pretty much impossible to make a fully smooth and responsive game in Android right now.
    Eh, most games run pretty damn smooth for me. ICS was a big step, Jelly Bean should help ice it.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Jul 2012 at 07:55 PM.

6. Backed the...

Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    So how many units do you think this has to move in order to be viable? I dont think too many developers are going to be swayed by a user base of 8,000. Or is the portability going to be so easy that the addition of "real" controls and big screen resolution wont add significant cost to a game?
    I don't think portability is going to be a real concern. If they're smart they'll make the controller compatible with generic controllers in Android so it won't even really need specific support.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    What this system needs to push it over the top is Stuart Scott yelling OUYA on the startup screen.
    Just how many forums did you copy/paste this on?

9. 2 million dollars in 24 hours.

10. A guy at work pledged for this. That's how I found out about it.

I'm remain skeptical.