Page 17 of 209 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I have to believe the vast majority of people only want what Chux wants, and that would result in endless lawsuits. Also, Apple could annihilate this instantly by saying "games on Apple TV."
    Right. By not being a "real company" they can skirt from having to play by the rules, however that also means that most big name devs are going to send a hearty fuck you back when they ask if they want to develop for their open platform. The only thing that intrigues me is the price point and the open end of it, otherwise I'd just jailbreak my iPhone, get an AppleTV and play mobile games that way.

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    lol wat?
    So you wouldn't hack it up as soon as you got it and play emulators on it?

3. I just don't get the endless lawsuits part

4. People trying to protect IP? I don't know. I'd assume people developing for it would know that it's going to be stolen.

5. Unless they're dumb enough to actively promote emulators, no one is suing anyone.

6. They're advertising it as an open system, free to hack. It might not be saying "Hey come on in", but it's certainly leaving the door wide open.

Edit: Also I think you're underestimating 'murica, errbody loves to sue errbody.

7. No one is suing a platform for being open to software development, that's completely absurd. I know this is America but there's no precedent there.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Unless they're dumb enough to actively promote emulators, no one is suing anyone.
    You can sue anyone you want. Even if the suits are thrown out, how many could this company handle legal fee wise?

edit: Has their been another home grown emulator machine? I know there are several from Korea and Asia in general, but I can't think of an American one that may have set precedent.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 14 Jul 2012 at 10:11 AM.

9. Only one I can think of(in any country) is the GP32 or whatever that handheld was.

10. You seriously think companies are going to get their panties in a bunch over the possibility of emulators on television when every personal computer has had them and been actively developing and updating them for a million years now?

Also every single android device already has them so there's that.