Page 29 of 209 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. Planetary Annihilation, confirmed at $15.

Mercenary Kings went up a couple days ago, I'm surprised that got no attention. I only just noticed it today. From Scott Pilgrim/Wizorb developer Tribute Games, and they've got Paul Robertson back on sprite work again, so it's looking pretty tempting.

James
    Last edited by James; 18 Aug 2012 at 04:01 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to write off that one. That's basically the position that the Two Guys' kickstarter began in, and that made it (though just barely, and with $400k less asked). The wildcard here is the Gametrailers connection: if they're already planning on shooting footage, I wouldn't be surprised if that site pushes the kickstarter hard and gets it to succeed by driving a lot of new traffic to it.

Mercenary Kings could be good, I kept meaning to post about it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Cans Without Labels got funded, so that's pretty awesome.

5. Yeah, it was nice to see Cans Without Labels make it, but I did learn not to open certain Kickstarters during work hours. Thankfully, I don't think anyone noticed.

James

6. Not worth 350k.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I like most of Cinemaware's games but I really have to wonder about picking that one to kickstart. It's one of their least unique titles, bested by both Red Baron and Wings of Glory. I'd much rather see them redo Rocket Ranger or It Came From The Desert. Or maybe SDI, which was a good concept but a bad game.