Page 4 of 209 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Taking your phone out of your pocket is such a DRAG. Why not put a mini rechargeable screen that probably sucks extra battery life out of your phone on your wrist instead!
    It's important to me that I get a notification about who's calling me before I commit to make the effort to look at my phone's screen.

2. If that was all it did then sure, it'd be terrible. But as someone who wears a watch anyway (it's actually required I do so for work and school), owning one that can also function as an MP3 remote and display calls as a bonus is not some horrible thing representing the downfall of effort in civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Taking your phone out of your pocket is such a DRAG. Why not put a mini rechargeable screen that probably sucks extra battery life out of your phone on your wrist instead!
    What if you're a lady and it is wrapped in a case, in a sleeve, in your purse because you're FUCKING INSANE.
    What if you're driving, and you want to see if the call is worth answering without really taking your eyes off the road?
    What about integration with fitness applications?

4. Yeah, that watch is actually pretty damned cool, I'm considering getting in on one.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

That looks pretty awesome to me.

6. It looks better than all these game kickstarts combined. But it also looks like it has a high potential for failure.

7. I don't understand you at all sometimes.

1) It's a large, ugly watch that's about as fashionable a casio calculator watch
    2) Who the fuck wears a watch anymore except as a fashion accessory/jewelry?
    3) It doesn't even have a touch screen so you can't really do much with it.
    4) This does not one single thing your phone does not and exists only as a "remote" for a portable device that is already in your pocket.

I can't imagine how looking like a tool is worth $125.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 21 Apr 2012 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What if you're a lady and it is wrapped in a case, in a sleeve, in your purse because you're FUCKING INSANE.
    What if you're driving, and you want to see if the call is worth answering without really taking your eyes off the road?
    What about integration with fitness applications?

9. I can definitely see it being useful for fitness stuff and other outdoor activities or specific instances where your hands might not be free.

But that's not nearly enough for me to drop $99 and start wearing a watch.

Well yeah. Me either. But people flexing nuts and saying it has no use are just being dumb.