Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. There's two interesting space games going on right now, Drifter and Kinetic Void. Both seem to be doing roughly the same thing, offering a randomized galaxy to play in, but Kinetic Void has more focus on ship management, plus a demo. Personally I prefer the look of Drifter, which seems a bit simpler overall, but both are doing interesting things.

Someone should play the Kinetic Void demo and post an opinion. I'd do it but it's awfully sunny out right now.

James

2. Carmageddon Reincarnation

It's at 10% already, and it's only been up a few hours. Looks like an easy $15 donation to me.

James

3. That excites me!

4. Not my kind of game, but the DS multiplayer board/strategy game Diamond Trust of London has a Kickstarter to get the cartridges manufactured. The limited editions are going pretty quick.

James

5. That looks horrible and definitely not worth $35 let alone $55 for an "LE"

It looks like it should be a $.99 ios game.
    Last edited by bbobb; 10 May 2012 at 11:50 AM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Backed Diamond Trust. A limited print and unique concept is enough that even if it sucks I should be able to resell it easily.

The original pack-in for the game was supposed to be real (albeit lab made) diamonds, wonder if they are still aiming for that....

7. Tempted to back a Carmageddon KS. I think a 750K budget is probably too low though.

8. This wasn't worth mentioning, until I read the Gamasutra article on procedural platformer level generation, at which point I got interested. They do a really bad job of explaining why anyone should care in the Kickstarter description, though.

James

9. Do want.