Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2090

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Guilty Gear Xrd looks pretty rad.
    Exception proves the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Those aren't different art styles though. They still fit in the same aesthetic, what is being done in Bloodstained is not that. It's two completely different aesthetics and it clashes terribly, and just looks awful.
    But then your complaint can't be about the fact that there's cel-shading. Because you're acknowledging that different rendering techniques can still service the same style.

Like I said, I get the concept of clashing art styles, and I mentioned Mario Odyssey. ButI don't really see how the art of the characters is clashing with the backgrounds, though. Gothic, realistically proportioned... it seems pretty consistent to me. It all looks like 'vania to me.

Scaling things down is literally the point of the other team doing the porting. Inti literally hands over assets and says hey get this working on these platforms. They're not saying ohh we have to make lower res textures cause this is going to end up on the Vita. Inti isn't creating the lower res Vita assets, the other team is.
    Maybe not with something as simple as texture scaling, but to say they don't have to make any concessions just because the team porting it is in a different building than them is reaching.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 22 Mar 2017 at 08:33 PM.

3. What do you do for a living Frog so I can argue with you about how it's done?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Frog, read this:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1243827

With that in mind, a lot of you have asked about ports—not just because you want them, but because you want to make sure that making them won't affect IGA's vision for the game. We have good news, and really good news.The good news is, it won't: IGA and Inti Creates are going to continue developing the game as before, without compromise.The really good news is how they're going to ensure it won't: At our next stretch goal Armature Studio will join the fray to handle the Wii U version..

Were they lying when they said this to the people giving them money?

5. That game looks terrible. Why even bother arguing over it.

Have you guys seen the Wonder Boy remake lately? It looks INCREDIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Were they lying when they said this to the people giving them money? [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I would say it's incompetence instead of actual deception.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    That game looks terrible. Why even bother arguing over it.

Have you guys seen the Wonder Boy remake lately? It looks INCREDIBLE.
    That one is gorgeous! Puts me in mind of Ernest & Celestine
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. i wish it looked terrible but it doesn't

9. That would be another good one for the Switch.

Man I really need to get one of those.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    What do you do for a living Frog so I can argue with you about how it's done?
    I'm not arguing with you, I'm trying to zero in on what is is about this game that bothers you that isn't true of all cel-shaded games. "Only characters are cel shaded" doesn't mean shit. That's Guilty Gear Xrd, that's Gravity Rush 2, hell, that's Street Fighter 3. So the cel shading can't be the culprit, and if it's not that, what is it?

You're a guy who should have a great ability to articulate what in particular about this is clashing and you're giving me nothing, here.
    Were they lying when they said this to the people giving them money?
    Wouldn't be the first time. And again, I don't really know why the simplified assets, I'm just guessing a possible reason.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 22 Mar 2017 at 10:55 PM.