Page 166 of 209 FirstFirst ... 152162164165166167168170180 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2090

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. New Red Ash update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1297224

For today, backers at the $49 or more amount ($79 after today) will get the prologue and the first game both (when/if it releases).

Yes. That first game that's reliant on "potential partners" support.

One would hope there's a deal already inked because Inafune going up to a pub, hat in hand to say: "Mr. Publisher, here's my new KS that funded minimally! And, uh, we kind of promised the first game to many of our 7,500-ish backers as well...soooo....you uh, might need to account for that in your projections" is pretty damn funny.

2. I think they need to cancel it and retool.

Yeah, I pulled out. I don't have a lot of money since, if I do my job right, my students shouldn't be in summer classes. I'll buy this if it's ever released but I still feel too burned by the MN9 pricing structure to want to spend money on this, even if I would adore a new Legends-like.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. It really is horribly ill-conceived as a campaign. I'd be very interested in the game, I love the art and what they're going for and I didn't even consider backing with how it's set up now.

5. I really want Red Ash, because the idea looks great. They need to kill the campaign, apologize, and launch again after Mighty No. 9 makes its backers happy. I know that's not how game development works, but it is how people respond to how game development works, and when someone is asking those people for money they need to take that into consideration.

6. This is stupid but the schadenfreude really pisses me off. Fuck it, fuck you, bye.
    Donk

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I really want Red Ash, because the idea looks great. They need to kill the campaign, apologize, and launch again after Mighty No. 9 makes its backers happy. I know that's not how game development works, but it is how people respond to how game development works, and when someone is asking those people for money they need to take that into consideration.
    I understand that pre-development on the next project has to start before this one is done. But Comcept is not so cash poor that they couldn't afford to do this on their own.

Imagine if they spent this 2-3 months making a prototype on their own dime, and then came to Kickstarter and actually had something to show, like Yooka Laylee did. They'd have no problem raising the money for a full game, I'm sure.

8. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    New Red Ash update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1297224

For today, backers at the $49 or more amount ($79 after today) will get the prologue and the first game both (when/if it releases).

Yes. That first game that's reliant on "potential partners" support.
    Wait, they weren't going to give that to backers if it happened already? And after today only to $80 backers?

Seriously, what the actual fuck. Nobody thinks if this game comes out it's going to cost $80. This is just exploitative and shitty. Fuck those guys.

I don't think Mega Man fans are as big of suckers as Metal Gear fans, but I can't rule it out. MGSV is a $20 "prologoue" and a $60 game.

10. At least with GZ you knew what platform you were getting it on.