Page 132 of 209 FirstFirst ... 118128130131132133134136146 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2090

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. They were going to make a game about people talking about playing a game? People paid real currency for this?

Seriously what the fuck is Yogcast.

I used to read MS Paint Adventures and can maybe understand that point of view. Throwing $20 at the guy that's entertained you for years as a hobby without charging you a cent isn't the end of the world, even if nothing or very little comes from it.

Only thing's I've backed have been from experienced studios and people and have only been disappointed by DoubleFine.

lol actually forgot about Two Guys for a second. I don't keep track of this shit but I'm going to say they're running late.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    They were going to make a game about people talking about playing a game? People paid real currency for this?
    I think the idea was to make a minecraft-like game and then talk about that game. It was incredibly stupid.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I used to read MS Paint Adventures and can maybe understand that point of view. Throwing $20 at the guy that's entertained you for years as a hobby without charging you a cent isn't the end of the world, even if nothing or very little comes from it.
    But that dude isn't a game developer, and he had no game studio attached to the project, no design doc, nothing. It was just like "Give me a million dollars and I'll figure some shit out. Oh and stickers, you can have stickers."

lol actually forgot about Two Guys for a second. I don't keep track of this shit but I'm going to say they're running late.
    Yeah, that's an utter clusterfuck too. Luckily those guys seem to have enough money in their coffers to keep making the game themselves unpaid for as long as it takes, but right now they're still at least another year away.

Hey, I didn't back the Homestuck thing. Just saying I can see the point of view of someone who isn't crying for his head on a pike.

6. Homestuck fans downright generate content for him. I doubt they'd give Hussie shit if his game didn't come to light.

7. Speaking of clusterfucks, I have no words for the goddamn mess that is Areal.

First a post calling out "trolls" along with some strange nationalistic stereotyping: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l/posts/920631

Second a letter from Vladimir Putin. TOTALLY NOT A JOKE IT'S LEGIT YO. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l/posts/919596

Third, note the extremely interesting backers per day data and compare it to the pledges per day: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/157...l/#chart-daily

I don't think Yogventures was a total scam, in that they really did originally intend to make a game. I think there really will be a Homestuck game eventually. But I don't think you will ever see the developers of Areal again after this.

8. how is this thing going to pass regulations

9. 'in which we discover how easy it is to be killed by a flying car'
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!