Page 202 of 209 FirstFirst ... 188198200201202203204206 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2090

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. Does "management of your guild in a dynamic world" mean crafting? It means crafting, doesn't it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Does "management of your guild in a dynamic world" mean crafting? It means crafting, doesn't it.
    I'm not positive, but I get the impression that most of the "guild" speak is referring to roster management a la Darkest Dungeon.

3. Really like the Kickstarter demo for My Time at Portia. Sure, it's basically a crafting-based Harvest Moon instead of farming, but it's a nice world to poke around in. I'm not sure it's going to make goal but the price they're charging for the game seems reasonable based on what I've seen so far.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description

4. So I usually stay clear of hardware kickstarter projects, but PocketSprite is very far along (shipping in 3 months), with review units in the wild, so I'm willing to take a chance on it.

It's a tiny keychain-sized microconsole, about the size of a key fob. It's similar to stuff like PocketStar, but unlike other similar projects, this one has a dual core processor actually powerful enough to run emulators (GameBoy and GameGear/SMS come with it, but others are possible if people do the porting work) and not just shitty arduino crap, and it's a very polished, professional looking design. It's also very cheap.

Obviously this is not a practical way to enjoy retro gaming on the go. Like other microhandhelds, it's a novelty item to put on you keychain, show your friends, and play with occasionally. But it's also priced cheap enough that I'm ok with that.

5. That's really cute, actually. I could never use it, but it instantly reminds me that I regret not picking up the Famicon-style GBA-Micro when I used to work at EB. Which I also would have never used.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. That looks pretty good, and is scheduled to release when I have fuck-all else to play on Switch, so well played.

That looks pretty awesome.

9. Greg Johnson, designer of the ToeJam and Earl series, has announced that his company is going to crowdfund Starflight 3. Johnson was one of the designers of the original Starflight (incredible game), and he will be involved with this one. Color me intrigued!

10. Came here to post exactly that. It's interesting to see this and two separate Star Control games all in the works at the same time.

Link to the campaign.

EDIT: Campaign is gone now? I guess they didn't mean to launch it yet.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Jul 2018 at 10:04 AM.