Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadowrun Returns

1. They're only slightly behind where Double Fine was with the same amount of time left (about $100,000 shy). That made $750,000 in its last 3 days. Remember a lot of people wait til the last day to fund. It might not get as big of a boost at the end, but I would definitely not rule out 3 million.

2. Wastland 2 also has a little extra in paypal funds.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Gamasutra has an exclusive article on the new game with creator Jordan Weisman. Three things really stuck out for me:

Nearly 20 years have passed since Shadowrun's video games last delivered on those core values with Beam Software's SNES RPG and BlueSky Software's Sega Genesis release, both cult classics and completely different titles (while Group SNE released a Sega CD game that never released outside Japan, an unofficial fan translation is underway).
    Is this a pick up of an older translation attempt or something new?

And this...

"It's a matter of tracking them down," he says. "We've actually been trying to track down the [Data East / Beam Sotware] SNES title because we would love to be able to in some way offer that to the fans. We'll see where that goes, but I certainly don't want to make any promises about it because we need to find out who owns it at this point.

"But we're working on it. I think it is just, so far, lost in that change of title. And then there will be finding ways of being able to adapt it. So, there's some hurdles there, which I think is why it hasn't happened so far. We're trying to see if we can figure that out. But again, it's complete pie in the sky."
    I'd much rather see the Genesis version, but I'll take a SNES release if they can do it.

Lastly:

For now, Harebrained Schemes promises to deliver a special Shadowrun Returns mission that ties together the stories of the SNES and Genesis games, provided that the Kickstarter campaign eventually reaches more than $1.5 million in pledges.
    That would be so awesome if they could tie them together!

4. I guess I'll put this here.

The OTHER Shadowrun game is now on Kickstarter as well, with a somewhat smaller goal.

I don't think I could back a free-to-play browser based MMO though.

5. First screenshots. I don't know if it's because I keep my expectations realistic, but so far I've been really happy with how these Kickstarter games are shaping up in terms of graphics and production value. Every one of them has met or exceeded what I pictured in my head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7_barrens_street_night_gallery_post.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	315.5 KB 
ID:	66977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5_stuffershack_scene_gallery_post.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	66978  

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    First screenshots. I don't know if it's because I keep my expectations realistic, but so far I've been really happy with how these Kickstarter games are shaping up in terms of graphics and production value. Every one of them has met or exceeded what I pictured in my head.
    Very nice.

7. Alpha gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiMjQwd2VE

<3 Kickstarter <3

8. These kind of old-school computer RPGs are not the sort of games I play a lot of, but this looks pretty good and I like the IP enough that I think I'm going to give it a go when it comes out.

9. So this now has a scheduled release for June. Pre-orders on HBS's site (which are $5 cheaper than the final price) will close on April 26th.

I'm finding myself more interested in this project than I was. It's been shaping up well, and I always liked the IP.

10. Yeah I was glad to kick start this one if only to get the mac version made as well.