Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8292949596

Thread: 2012 Major and Minor League Baseball Thread

1. Nothing he said is wrong. I really hope he gets traded to a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Sports
    Miami Marlins fans are not the only ones feeling betrayed by ownership's decision to break up the club. Shortstop Jose Reyes and left-hander Mark Buehrle, two of the five Marlins headed to Toronto in a pending blockbuster, are upset that the team broke verbal promises to them regarding trades, according to major-league sources. The Marlins do not award no-trade clauses, but club officials, while recruiting Reyes and Buerhle as free agents last offseason, assured both players that they would not be moved, sources said. Buehrle knew the Marlins' history of dumping high-priced players, and it concerned him, according to a friend. Team president David Samson, however, told both Buehrle and his wife, Jamie, that the team was committed to a long-term vision, sources said. A source close to Reyes, asked if the shortstop also received verbal assurances from the Marlins that he would not be traded, responded, "The answer is yes. A vehement yes."
    Link
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 17 Nov 2012 at 01:40 PM.

2. So woopdiedoo, the Jays new Manager is John fucking Gibbons. Mr. Clubhouse Rebellion is back. Hurrah.

3. I don't hate this.

4. Ya well when the team implodes I'll remind you of that.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Ya well when the team implodes I'll remind you of that.
    Meh. We'll see.

Btw., clubhouse rebellion was Cito.

The only person that disliked him was Shea Hillenbrand. Ted Lilly recently gave him a glowing review. It is odd, but at the very least we know he was able to steer a shitty team to an 87-win season, a .500 record over 4 lousy years, and the face that he will not take shit from players. I'd like to hear what Zauny has to say. Not that I'll take it seriously, but I just want to hear old gummy complain about something.

If it falls apart, AA is out the door.

One thing is for sure: Nobody will be leaving the dug out with homophobic slurs on their eyeblack

Edit: Turns out nobody hates Gibby.

http://m.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/article/1290231--blue-jays-hire-john-gibbons-as-manager-reports
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 21 Nov 2012 at 09:39 AM.

6. Um, are the Mets trying to get rid of Dickey? Because that's crazy.

7. I hope they don't. I'm sure they'll agree on an extension along with Wright.

ok Brisco...since your Jays made a big move to start the Hot Stove you can go right on and create an official Hot Stove thread and retire this one.

9. Carlos Ruiz was suspended for 25 games after testing positive for what appears to be Adderall, twice!

I find it to be surprising as a good chunk (the majority even) of the players had medical exemptions that allow them to take amphetamines. This being the case, I wouldn't think it too hard for a ballplayer to obtain a prescription under "legitimate" pretenses. Supposedly, amphetamines were used by just about everybody prior to 2006 and their usage dates back as far as the 40's and 50's (and maybe further) which leads me to believe that some players may have a substance abuse problem, as it can very easily become a drug of abuse.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Hey guys! Hot stove thread.