Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Dragon: Neon (PSN, XBLA)

Double Dragon: Neon (PSN, XBLA)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Somehow, when we weren't looking, Majesco got hold of the Double Dragon franchise, and then turned it over to its Bloodrayne Betrayal partner WayForward Technologies. The result is Double Dragon: Neon, a side-scrolling brawler in a totally '80s setting.

This time, twins Billy and Jimmy Lee are fighting to save Marian from "Skullmageddon," who, judging from concept art, has an army of wizards, cyborg police, and Linda. It's scheduled for release on PSN (for PS3) and XBLA this July. Is "downloadable, high-definition 2D franchise revival from WayForward and Majesco" going to become an annual summer tradition? We'd be okay with that.
    Link

I haven't played a beat'em up since the XBLA port of Final Fight, so I'm very interested.

I really want a new good Double Dragon game, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

If I had money to piss away, I'd buy this merely on principle of WayForward making a game that's not on a handheld.

4. Yeah, this would be more encouraging if Bloodrayne hadn't been the most mediocre, half-assed "revival" made in recent memory. I used to think WayForward could do no wrong, but now I'm starting to think their success with Contra 4 was a fluke. Still, at the very least I like the concept behind this. Hopefully they surprise me.

That's in large part why I bought BloodRayne Betrayal. It was decent, but I never got too into it. I don't recall if it was competing priorities at the time or what.

To be fair, the source material for Bloodrayne wasn't exactly stellar.

7. I don't like WayForward games, and this one looks pretty ugly. So I'm not exactly hopeful.

8. the graphics could use some tightening up, send the wayforward guys to that video game college

9. Reading a bit more about it and looking at the screens again, this game is already drowning in unnecessary irony. The nasty perspectives (striving for "so bad it's good", I guess), the health meters, leveling up buttrock music... ugh, no thanks.

10. They should update DD Advance's art and release it instead. Such an awesome game.