Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Sony Playstation

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've never really understood the love for Type 4. It's a competent racer, but I'd rather play the others RR games.
    I think RRT4 takes it to the proverbial next level. The older ones are still great racers, but RRT4 is built as a console racer as opposed to arcade translation, there is a meaningful progression in the single player game. It is also the most stylish RR, that the later ones failed to replicate. I just love this game. It also use that funky controller and have force feedback!

2. I think RRT4 was a half-assed attempt at scooping up some of GT's mojo.

It was still a good game, just not very RR.

3. You are so wrong. GT is sterile and boring. It only appeals to car nuts.

The sliding mechanics is as much RR as any of them.

How the fuck do I not own 70's Robot Anime Geppy-X

This looks amazing.

I sure hope there is a way to turn catchphrases or player sound effects off.

I popped in Type 4 and played through the Grand Prix mode. Yeah, not feeling it. Put in the original game and had a blast.

6. Let's Reminisce: Sony Playstation

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    You are so wrong. GT is sterile and boring. It only appeals to car nuts.

The sliding mechanics is as much RR as any of them.
    I'm not a car nut, so over RR. It's not interesting to me.

But I was talking about how after GT Namco loaded up Type 4 with hundreds of cars. They were all fake as RR is and didn't add much. I appreciate that they tried to add more content but did it in the wrong way. They should have had less cars and way more tracks. RR5 did a much better job.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I popped in Type 4 and played through the Grand Prix mode. Yeah, not feeling it. Put in the original game and had a blast.
    The original is so boring. There were much better racing games on the Playstation than RR.

I RR4 was okay, but I can see why it would be a turnoff for some.
    Last edited by gamevet; 14 Sep 2015 at 06:33 PM.

Does not compute error error

9. Played the game for 30 minutes, won the race, played the mirrored track and proceeded to sell the game. I bought the game again 5 years ago and ended up selling it again.

Easy mode usually is boring.