Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Sony Playstation

1. Oh shit, I forgot about MK3. I never bought it, and MK3 was shit, but I remember Sears having a demo PSX at launch with MK3 running. The game was the hot game at the arcade, so all the kids ran to Sears to play it instead, and was amazed at its arcade perfectness. Then we went home and cried.

2. The early days of PS1 were really exciting because every month there was at least one game that seemed revolutionary for console gamers.
    I remember having a demo disc with the dinosaur demo and some other sprite and object tests. There was also a video montage of a bunch of stock footage. I mostly remember it for the girl in the white bathing suit.
    Most of the time my PS1 was used for fighting games, mostly Street Fighter Alpha series, SoulBlade, and Tekken.
    I also remember a Doom type FPS game called Disruptor that I really enjoyed.

3. I remember Disruptor. There was one part in one of the levels where the water effects had me very impressed with how real it looked.
    That game was made by a lil group called Insomniac. Maybe you've heard of them?

4. Ahh, Disruptor was sweet.

I also liked Power Slave, which came out about the same time. Your character had upgradable equipment, making it kind of like a first person Metroid game set in Ancient Egypt.

5. Real men played powerslave on Saturn. *flex*
    Poor Scavenger, did any of them go on to form or join other teams?
    Their Saturn Quake and Duke ports were really impressive. Though as much as i wanted to like Amok and Scorcher (and as much as Gamefan told me i should), i could never get into them.

6. Soul of the Samurai -- A lot of people know about the Way of The Samurai series, which was done by a different company. But this one by Konami was pretty sweet action/adventure game. Very methodical combat system.

7. You know what i was thinking about a few days ago? Tiny tank. Loved that game.

8. I remember I traded all my game equipment that I had back in late '95/early '96 for a PlayStation with Toshiden. Good night, a Genesis with around thirty games, a good number of them being imports, a SNES with about fifteen really awesome games (Super Metroid, Zelda 3, and Contra 3 being among them), an NES with about ten games, and a Game Gear with a bunch of games and the TV adaptor. Plus I think I threw in these gold tokens that had Street Fighter characters on them that you could order from Capcom back in the day (I remember seeing them advertised in an issue of EGM). All for a Playstation. With Toshiden. Dumb.

It took a few years for the games to really come through for me and to get out of buyer's remorse. Love or hate FFVII, that game made the trade-off worth it. Thank God for 1998.

I'll never understand people who do that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    a Genesis with around thirty games, a good number of them being imports, a SNES with about fifteen really awesome games (Super Metroid, Zelda 3, and Contra 3 being among them), an NES with about ten games, and a Game Gear with a bunch of games and the TV adaptor.

Love or hate FFVII, that game made the trade-off worth it.
    You're fucking nuts.