Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Sony Playstation

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It was only your Yoshi craze that stopped you from getting in one the NES craze.
    The games don't play any worse for the lack of boxes and instructions.
    I recognize that, but my OCD that makes it irrelevant. The video quality was a larger issue though. Only Nintendo could have a system that won't output RGB.

Were you not into Mega Man? PS2 collections were great, I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    He hates Megaman for some reason.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Needs some Skygunner, Klonoa 2, Red Star, and the Shikigami games.
    I didn't list anything non-2D, so Skygunner wouldn't be there either way, but I do want it. The others are second tier. Platformers like Klonoa aren't as important to me as action and shooters. I must have traded a Shikigami II relatively recently, because I used to have that. Red Star I need to try, as I have not had that one.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Typical ARBM nonsense
    That bullshit must apply to Chux in the NES thread too, right? Thanks for adding nothing as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yoshi- how was The Adventures of Little Ralph? I thought that looked pretty cool back in the day.
    I like it, but I think there is some Radiant Silvergun phenomenon going on with it. It's not as good as its physical price, so if you want to play it, I would recommend checking out the Hong Kong PSN store.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    What about Tomba? The first one.
    I am not sure I have ever played those. If I have, it hasn't been since they were new. I should definitely check them out. I wish they were on PSN, but I don't think they are.

Tomba! was recently released on the PSN.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Nice. I'll definitely check that out then.

edit: Are they somewhat like Adventure Island?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 14 Jun 2012 at 01:09 PM.

4. PlayStation allowed me to play Time Crisis at home. Once that happened my love for the system was set in stone.

I also played maybe 1000 hours of SFA2 on my PlayStation, and I'm probably grossly underrating that number. Once I got through Breath of Fire 3 (my first and favorite RPG) I invested a lot of time into the RPGs on the system and they were awesome. I think the focus on graphics and realism has killed the creative stories in RPGs and that makes me sad.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Nice. I'll definitely check that out then.

edit: Are they somewhat like Adventure Island?
    They are platformers with quests. I LOVE the Tomba games.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I think the focus on graphics and realism has killed the creative stories in RPGs and that makes me sad.
    Nah, they're just all on portables now.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. I refuse to buy portables. I never take them out of my house!

8. portables need TV out and controller in

9. WTF @ Tomba being $9.99 on PSN

10. Is that a wtf because it isnt $5.99 like most ps1 games? If so, they tend to do that with games that the physical copies are in high demand/ expensive. See: just about every rpg when they first introduce them to PSN. Some have dropped over time to $5.99.