Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'New' cheapie import PS games: Arcade Hits Moon Cresta and Gatchaman

1. 'New' cheapie import PS games: Arcade Hits Moon Cresta and Gatchaman

Both shooters, too.

Arcade Hits Moon Cresta ($20)
    Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman: the Shooting ($25)

I'd like to try out both... but I just remembered I sold my boot disc to Gary Gnu and I don't have money for a mod chip (PaCrappa style) or either game.

Oh well.

Let's hear how they are..

http://www.ncsx.org/2002/ncs070102/ncs0701.htm

2. I have Gatchaman on order. If you wish I'll post some impressions when I get it (might take some time though, had to wait a month before The cameraman arrived :/)

3. A month? Yikes.

Impressions would be great..

4. Well, Moon Cresta is Moon Cresta. Download the rom to see if you like it.

5. Heh, I saw the Moon Cresta game on NCSX and boy did the ol' memories flood back. I remember the middle sized ship was always the best. Once you lost that one, you were stuck with the large moving target of the big ship. At that point, it was pretty much game over. I'm not sure the 20 pricetag is worth it though since I've never played the updated version. It almost belongs in a collection. Maybe package it with Gorf or something.

6. Mind you that Moon Cresta has been on a compilation before (Nichibutsu Arcade Classics - release 1995), together with Crazy Climber and Frisky Tom and each game had an extra updated version.
    These 3 games have now been re-released seperatly (arcade versions only).

7. Is Terra Cresta a Moon Cresta sequel? I remember seeing that game years ago. Almost picked it up, it looked interesting.

8. Originally posted by Baron
    Is Terra Cresta a Moon Cresta sequel? I remember seeing that game years ago. Almost picked it up, it looked interesting.
    Terra Cresta is indeed a sequel to Moon Cresta. It is second in a trilogy that includes MC, TC, and UFO Robo Dangar.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Anybody have any screens or reviews of Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman: the Shooting? Seems like it could be interesting.

10. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    Anybody have any screens or reviews of Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman: the Shooting? Seems like it could be interesting.
    There are some screenshots posted at TFP.

There will also be impressions if dcharlie ever gets around to posting them.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood