• 0 0%

Thread: Doc Reviews: Casa de mi Padre

1. Doc Reviews: Casa de mi Padre

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casa_de_mi_padre.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	65344

I checked out Casa de mi Padre last night... and the night before... and probably again, tonight. If you want to see it, go now. This thing's self-deporting faster than a Mexican at a Tea Party rally.

What can I say about Casa? Well, it's in Spanish, it plays like a cross between a novela and narco cinema, and Will Farrell and Adam McKay are involved. Oh yeah... how could I forget? Diego Luna & Gael García Bernal return to the screen (apparently still sore about what went down in Y Tu Mama)! There's tons of drama. A lot of fucking drama. Shit's dramatic everywhere. There's a bitchin' gunfight, hand rolled cigarettes, mannequins, and cheap movie jokes galore!! Ajua! It's like a Mexican Grindhouse flick. It really feels like it should have been sandwiched between Planet Terror and Death Proof. This is the kind of movie Robert Rodriguez was trying to out show when making El Mariachi back in '91. In short, it's Mexican mierda.

But yeah, this is a one of a kind movie. I don't keep watching it because it's so great (although the gunfights and in-jokes are great), but because I'm still trying to figure it out. This movie's weird. And if you want to get weird tonight, go watch it.

♠♠♠♠♠

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 06 Apr 2012 at 11:15 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I don't like Will Ferrell but that looks pretty awesome.

3. I saw it a week or so ago! I was coming down off of birthday shenanigans and needed somewhere to sit down and be still for a bit, so I went to this. I slept through half of it, but it was pretty entertaining once I woke up. The scene where the mountain lion fights the wolves was incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!