Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 810111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    you're right, I think it should have been "no one has never been more wrong."
    Sorry about that.
    As long as you learned your lesson.

2. i'm going to play it on Virtual Console unless there is a significant difference...
    Donk

3. I have a sealed copy of the LE I&II collection on PSP. And I was totally going to open and play it eventually.

After checking eBay I think I'm just gonna buy the PC one and sell the PSP game.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    i'm going to play it on Virtual Console unless there is a significant difference...
    There's not. Chronicles is a bit easier to play because you can move diagonally. Book I & II is better paced (your experience levels carry over from the first game to the second, and there's no gap between them - you get an intermission cinematic and then it's off to Ys II) and has better music.

What's awesome about the version of Ys I & II coming to Steam is that it's even better than any of the previous Japanese PC versions. According to this post, it's going to have the wider viewing area of the earlier Complete release as well as all the options in the PC port of the Chronicles release (which was crippled by being a bare-bones PSP port, complete with that version's limited screen area).

Also, guess I have to get a Vita. I was waiting for confirmation that Celceta was coming here.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    TGCD graphics have aged so well.

PSP CHRONICLES IS THE BEST

There, now it's true.

8. It was ALWAYS true. I'd question if someone was hacked, but it's obvious that no one was hacked.

9. Ys Seven totally lost my interest partway through. That party battle system just isn't as fun as the one that started with Napishtim. Here's hoping the difference between Seven and this Vita game is like the jump from Napishtim to Felghana!

Now I've got a little less than a year to seek out a decent price on the Vita again...